jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Given your understanding of "True Love" can True Love end?

1. Sky9106 profile image55
    Sky9106posted 4 years ago

This is a subject that is quite difficult, and even more so seems to be grossly misunderstood in so many corners of our world today . Why I believe that it's mostly misunderstood, is because since it cannot really be taught in any kind of conventional way . It can only be suggested and shown what someones understanding of it is.

2. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago

It's the stuff that inspires a poet and her pen.

3. pharuk temmy t profile image61
    pharuk temmy tposted 4 years ago

Love is just what comes into our heart when we open our heart for it come in and stay...True love could end, why?the gift of love is equality and love has no usefulness when there is no one to share it,TRUE LOVE could end when there is no reciprocation.

4. web-tools profile image58
    web-toolsposted 4 years ago

True is the one, when you feel different for her first time, this true love would be started.

True love never end, it is something which always in part of our mind somewhere. It is placed in long term memory.

5. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 4 years ago

I think true/real love can die (or be killed) if one person does something, or does enough things, that can kill it.

Also, since love is made up of several components; I think if one or both people change enough then some of those components can be killed, turning what was once "true" love into something less (and sometimes, something that's "so much less" it only really amounts to a very few positive components in how someone feels toward someone else).

I think "true love" is "whole love", and anything less isn't "true love" - anything else is something less than that, even if some of the components of true love still remain, or if some of the components of other kinds of love are all that's left.

There have been books that take a scientific approach to analyzing true love (and have included the aspects of it that can seem so mysterious).  It could be taught in schools if someone wanted to teach it; and although I don't think kids need "true love" as one of their main courses, I do think kids could benefit from a few classes that cover the basics.  It wouldn't take away from any of the magic or mystery of true love any more than teaching childbirth information takes away from that sense of "mysterious miracle" that people feel toward their newborn child (or any of the other things in life that we experience as "mysterious" or "miraculous" even when we understand the scientific components of them).

(And after the school-kids get through with being taught about love in their science class, maybe they could go to English class and learn about the true definition of the term, "unconditional love" (because that, as well as what true love really is, is another thing a whole lot of people go through lives being confused about.   hmm  )

6. pharuk temmy t profile image61
    pharuk temmy tposted 4 years ago

I agree with you Lisa HW