jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do You Feel Uncomfortable When Your Ex Comes Around You?

1. Justjed profile image61
    Justjedposted 4 years ago

I once posted a thread about a girl jilting a guy who she is couple of months older. Both of them are happily married to their respective spouses but some things still bring them together because they both reside in the sane neighborhood. The guy, being a close friend confided in me that when she comes around, he usually feels uncomfortable not that he still has feelings for her but just that things are not the way they were and they both struggle to communicate freely. This was what spurred this thread. Is being  this uncomfortable around your ex is just peculiar to the both of them or a general phenomenon?

2. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 4 years ago

No, but he does.

3. brimancandy profile image83
    brimancandyposted 4 years ago

I have one ex who makes me uncompfortable. He's a good friend, but sometimes he gets on my nerves when he has to make it a point to tell every new boyfrined I met over the years, (even my partner of 22 years) of our past sex life. That, and he also has to remind his partner that we once had a relationship, which makes his partner think we are still intimate...which is NOT true.

We were once in a car with a mixed group of people going to pride in Lansing, and he started talking sexual crap involving me, and I was red as a tomato. the lone female in the car finally put her foot down. I don't need to hear about your sexual escapades so just drop it! He, of course is a huge drama queen, and that lead to an argument, that almost got us thrown out of the carpool! looking at a 60 mile walk home!

The woman, and one of the other people in the car, luckily met some friends and they ended up riding back to Grand Rapids with them. But, we never got invited to carpool with that group again after that. Never really had a problem with any of my other exes. But, I rarely see them, and one of them very sadly passed away. I now have a partner going on 22 years.

4. alisha4u profile image61
    alisha4uposted 4 years ago

Yes, an ex can make you feel uncomfortable only when you haven't gotten over him or her...
    If you care no more, it's not gonna bother you in any way..

On the other hand, you will feel like hiding yourselves from your ex, just because you don't wana face them or just because it will make you recall all those memories with that person....