jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Is the Sexual Double Standard Still Alive?

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

This is the 21st century.  Hopefully, there is equality between men and women regarding sexual relationships.  In your opinion, are women still held to a higher and stricter standard in sexual relationships than men are?

2. 0
    idratherbeposted 4 years ago

Yes they are. This issue of birth control and it falling on the woman to be the responsible party proves it. If men, making these decisions are so worried about their position of prolife, perhaps they should get fixed! That would eliminate the problem, I guess? After all, it takes two to tango.

1. Shaddie profile image92
      Shaddieposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I agree with this 100%.

3. AshtonFirefly profile image82
    AshtonFireflyposted 4 years ago

4. Jonathan Janco profile image80
    Jonathan Jancoposted 4 years ago

Of course men only have one way other than a vasectomy to control reproduction and it s almost impossible to say you're wearing a condom and get away with it when ur really not wearing one. Knocked Up is one of the worst movies ever btw just for that reason. Women however will say their on the pill or what have you and they will lie through their teeth about it if they want to get pregnant. So I guess it is equal because so many people of both genders are such gullable suckers.