jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Sexless Marriage does really work?

1. dwarfstar profile image76
    dwarfstarposted 4 years ago

Does sexless marriage work? Is intimacy can still be there without sex? I know this topic is really shameful to ask but I know some couples do experience this.. If it works, then it is time to give advice and help those couple who had been to this dilemma.

1. alisha4u profile image62
      alisha4uposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Wel, it may or may not worl. Depends upon both partners..If they are happy maintaining it platonically, marriage can work.

2. 0
    idratherbeposted 4 years ago

I don't see why not. There's a whole lot more to a good marriage then sex. There's a lot to be said about a union of best friends, with common interests I'm sure.

3. Shadesbreath profile image89
    Shadesbreathposted 4 years ago

Not as a rule, no. As an exception, sure. Why not. A lot probably also depends on how long you are talking about, what ages the couple are, and that sort of thing. I doubt two twenty-somethings can get married and stay married AND faithful without sex without some extremely rare, non-standard circumstances rendering the example absurd. On the other hand, many couples in their sixties or seventies could probably pull it off pretty easily. Eighties even easier. Etc. Urges abate as biology changes, and so many decades of orgasm start to make the effort involved seem less worthwhile.

4. independentwriter profile image59
    independentwriterposted 4 years ago

I would have to say that it depends.  Some couples are perfectly okay with a sexless relationship. After being married for a while, I believe that at some point the relationship changes from one of passion to compassion. Children enter the scene and the work and other life issues happen.  Sex often takes a back seat.