jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)

Why do people cheat on their partners???

1. chinedu eke profile image58
    chinedu ekeposted 5 years ago

I have a female friend that is so beautiful,that can give a man a run for his money any time or day. she was complaining to me that her husband is cheating on her with his secretary.i said to myself,REALLY! why would he do that? they got three kids(two boys and a girl),they live in a mansion,and the woman is outstandingly beautiful(with all the curves at the right places,and a pretty face).i got so confused,and i decided to bring to you all to tell me what to say to her? SO,HERE IS THE QUESTION,WHY DO PEOPLE CHEAT ON THEIR PARTNER,WHEN THEY GOT EVERYTHING.

1. janesix profile image60
      janesixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Because humans are not monogamous creatures.

1. pisean282311 profile image53
        pisean282311posted 5 years ago in reply to this

@janesix that is one of few places where quran and science agree....

Interesting. I havent read the quran yet. Ive been planning to but i havent got around to it

1. pisean282311 profile image53

@janesix i was kidding...

but if u want to read quran , you also got to read hadith...then context would be clear...but why do u want to read it?...

I like reading religious books. I am looking for answers to why we exist

1. chinedu eke profile image58
                chinedu ekeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

answers for why you exist? really?

Among other things yes

2. pisean282311 profile image53

@janesix hmmm...got that

2. Disappearinghead profile image85
      Disappearingheadposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Maybe his wife wouldn't sleep with him anymore.

2. Express10 profile image88
    Express10posted 5 years ago

There are many reasons people cheat, the most frequently used is simply because there was an opportunity to do so. Other reasons include, the thrill of the possibility of being caught, having the proverbial cake and eating it too, or a lack of sex or sex exploration at home.

What many people overlook is the fact that cheaters often take for granted what they have and seem to think the grass is greener on the other side. Some people are not monogamous and lie to those who are, hurting them because they wanted to live a lie. Whether or not a person wants a monogamous relationship, they need to be honest with themselves and their spouse or partner. If they can't break off one relationship before jumping into another, it's simply causing pain and asking for it in return.

3. passthejelly profile image80
    passthejellyposted 5 years ago

They cheat if their sexual needs are not met by their partner.  I would cheat too if my wife stopped having sex with me.  That or get a divorce.

4. JBrumett profile image60
    JBrumettposted 5 years ago

Meh, people cheat because they can.  Like Jim Rome says sex is the all time undefeated undisputed champion in the history of mankind with a record of infinity and zero all by knock out.  I know this, I use to tell people in my unit while we were in Iraq, if you can't stay faithful to your wife, then don't expect me to trust you on the battlefield.  Lets just say a few people didn't like me.   =-P

5. netslums profile image86
    netslumsposted 5 years ago

Because they're bad people. Haha just kidding.

I'm not sure what answer you want to hear, but one thing is always for certain. Whenever you hear a story, you need to hear it from both parties. Maybe the husband has a reason. Lack of sex? Or lack of excitement in both the bedroom and married life? Maybe she's not very nice to him?

I mean there are a bunch of things that could lead a person to cheat. No matter the reason though, it doesn't mean the punishment fits the crime. In no way do I think that cheating should be the answer.

working