jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Online dating websites

1. aDayInMyLife1 profile image91
    aDayInMyLife1posted 4 years ago

Do you know that 1 in 5 relationships start online? I have no experience with this and figured I would sign up for a free trial and she what this was all about. I was appalled by what I was approached with. So many people make contact blatently seeking a sexual encounter or asking to swap nude photos. Has anyone else had this experience? What are good sites to go on, where this does not take place?

1. mikadamianuts profile image60
      mikadamianutsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Woah!! yikes

--follow me please

2. tohimilook profile image62
      tohimilookposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The internet is the perfect haven for deception.   Even those sites which claim to be Christian sites have men who profess to be Christian but still have the idea that having one night stands and sexual favour is the norm.

I personally think it is a way of making friends, but I prefer the old time way of meeting people for a deeper relationship; although many have found love on some of these sites.  There is no way for you to check someone who is typing behind a computer.  Someone posting a profile on a picture does not say much, and even if you meet them in person, you don't know much about them apart from what they have stated in their profile.   Normal relationships have dangers that we are not aware of and the internet has more.   I am happy for those who have found love online, but for me I am still very cautious.

2. knolyourself profile image59
    knolyourselfposted 4 years ago

My last relationship of ten years I met her on line. However it took me a year to figure out how to write the ad that got the response. The best site I have seen is Zoosk, however couldn't do anything with it, since it is too expensive for me,
    but it has hundreds of eligibles in an around my age in my geographical area, if not of compatability.