jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Should there be a limit on the number of times one can get married?

1. Leaderofmany profile image60
    Leaderofmanyposted 4 years ago

Several individuals marry and divorce over and over. One lady on television was married 10 times. Is that too many?

1. IzzyM profile image85
      IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Maybe she really likes wedding cake.

2. janesix profile image73
    janesixposted 4 years ago

No. Its no ones business.

3. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

No.  It's a legal contract and if the person is mentally competent they can enter into it as often as they want.

4. mts1098 profile image83
    mts1098posted 4 years ago

Maybe there should a warrenty period )

1. IzzyM profile image85
      IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

What a brilliant idea!! Then you could get married and dump them easily when they proved to be useless tossers instead of being stuck with them! Easily trade them for another model under the terms of the warranty!

5. fiftyish profile image60
    fiftyishposted 4 years ago

I don't want to come across overly cynical (though I probably will do), but marriage and divorce seem to go cap in hand these days. By that, I mean you can't have one without the other, especially with a first marriage.  Almost everyone I know are on their second marriage now, but I don't actually know anyone personally that is on a third, or fourth.

Sometimes I think it would be nice if we could just skip the first marriage and move straight onto the second, because it's these second relationships that seem to be the ones that work out the best.

A limit on the number of times folks can be married though?  I'm not sure about that one, but perhaps the question should be more along the lines of a limit on the number of rug rats a person can have?

Andy Aitch

6. iamageniuster profile image78
    iamageniusterposted 4 years ago

Marriage is worthless nowadays because people just get divorced anyway. It's not sacred anymore like it used to be.