jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

what do you think about age gap?

1. Express10 profile image87
    Express10posted 4 years ago

I would only recommend dating with an age gap that you feel comfortable with. For me, it might be at the max 10 years older than myself but that is a personal choice. I think many relationships where there are two, three, or more decades of difference are not going to be long term as most of these really are not out of sincere care and love.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 4 years ago in reply to this

You are wrong.  I knew a couple with a 20 year age difference that fell in love, married and stayed together until the older one passed away.  This was true love...there was no other reason for the relationship...and, oh yes...they had a son together.  Clearly, this is not for everybody, but it does work for some.

2. recommend1 profile image71
    recommend1posted 4 years ago

Problems in the age difference only comes from those around us.  There are no inherent issues, just the fear and jealousy it raises in others.  My much younger and beautiful wife is a visual challenge for those other older wives who are not secure and fear that their husbands would be tempted to exchange them for a younger model, younger men feel their manhood challenged and older men wish they were me !

But this is how society works and they are just the normnal pressures to conform - if you do not conform then the best defence is to do it with style.  If you feel embarassed then you have no chance, if you can carry it off it works fine.