jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Weird dreams

1. janesix profile image73
    janesixposted 4 years ago

Ive been dreaming about the same guy like twice a week lately. Im not even really attracted to him, in fact i havent seen him in years. I dated him briefly and slept with him Once.

Is this normal? Is it just because ive been celibate for over a year? I dont want to have a relationship. Im fine during the day, just these dreams for the past couple months.

1. jennzie profile image84
      jennzieposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I've dreamt about guys who I would never consider being in a relationship with in real life, so it's normal.

2. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 4 years ago

I would say completely normal. Would guess there is some aspect of this guy that has intrigued something in your subconscious, which concerns something in relation to the considerations of your present, love-life.

3. 0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 4 years ago

Hey there, janesix!  No worries.  I've had dreams like that.  I consulted a dream psychologist, and she told me that these dreams were normal.  When you dream about someone that you have no contact or interest in during your present life, it usually means that this person is on the way out of your life.  The dream is the finished product as a message to let you know.

I freaked out several months ago because my dream was so real.  I was talking to a guy that I dumped about ten years ago.  I have had no contact with him since.  So what happens?  He was very real in my dream.  Just as the dream psychologist said.  I don't dream of dude anymore.

I am fascinated by dreams and record them when I wake up.  They come in handy for the writing.

1. Disturbia profile image59
      Disturbiaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Are there really dream psychologists?  I didn't know that.  I also keep a dream diary.  I think it's a good practice.  That way, your really good dreams don't just fade away.