jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Relationships

1. InCourage profile image61
    InCourageposted 5 years ago

Is dating or courtship an important part of marriage?

1. Cagsil profile image59
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Okay, now I see what you meant by your OP. There's a reason I asked if you were serious about this, because I needed more clarification in order to be more informed on your position and that question was the simplest to ask. wink

As for dating during marriage? I suppose there would be an upside if it was continued during the marriage. And, you're correct, it does tend to stop once marriage has happened.

The exceptions to the rule would be the truly romantic at heart. wink

InCourageposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I am fairly romantic... but life can squeeze that out of you if you aren't careful.  We've been married 22 years and I have fallen into both categories... for us 'dating' has been much better!

2. profile image0
      Phoebe Pikeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It is if you want to have an open and honest relationship with your partner. Some stop "trying" when the "I do" bit is over, but often those relationships do not last and both people are miserable.

Well, 1 our of 2 marriages don't last these days... that's staggering but fairly close to accurate!  So if we want them to work we have to roll up our sleeves and make them a priority!

2. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Are you serious? roll

No, not kidding.  There are a lot of people who simply stop after they say "I do"...

3. MsLofton profile image64
    MsLoftonposted 5 years ago

I just wrote a hub similar to this today, I prefer courtship but either one depending on how the experience is used is very important. because both of those open up friendship...friendship is important, it gives the married couple something to fall back if they start to have problems.

Ms. Lofton, I look forward to giving it a read!  All marriages have problems because life is not easy.... but not all marriages have to have Marital problems... but in order to have a Healthy marriage we have to have two people that are willing to continue to work at it... put in the upkeep... before there is a Breakdown!

working