jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

The eternal unanswered question

1. ptosis profile image80
    ptosisposted 4 years ago

Why do young beautiful woman go for the nasty, ugly, tattooed, prison-face bad men 20 years older than themselves? Is it a genetic answer or a mental one? Is it a 'challenge'.  Like meeting Frankenstein and if only with a little love he would no longer be misunderstood ....

And the reason I am genderizing this is because .... I'm sexist OK? I admit it......

Is it the bravado?
    The indifference? Women don't like needy men?
    The excitement and danger because they are mysteriously challenging?
    The illusion of control that a woman thinks she has over this wild man?

OR is it simply genetic?
    Are Neanderthals  simply more sexier? That we are all still grunting animals looking for the best mate for future survival in our spawn?

From http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/blog/ … n-immunity

"The older Neanderthals immune system  was hardier and it was an advantage to humans to gain this hardier immune system to descendants."

Beauty and the Beast, Give Geeks a Chance, No Accounting for Taste, Hot Consort.

Attractiveness Isolation, (Some people have told me that the most attractive girls are lonely because most guys don't approach them.)

Kavorka Man, (A man who has unusual animal magnetism).

2. jennzie profile image84
    jennzieposted 4 years ago

I'm not one of those women. I find guys who are more clean cut and with little or no tattoos more appealing. I do prefer men who are a little older than myself (my boyfriend is 31, I'm 23), but that has to do with the fact that guys closer to my age range tend to be immature.

3. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 4 years ago

LOL, I love this question. I think I've had them all from the super rich dirty old man, to the clean cut babyface younger guy, with some smooth talking players, sensitive artistic types, and a few seriously psychotic nut jobs sprinkled in for good measure. The attraction is different for every one. It's all about the chemistry. If the chemistry isn't right, it doesn't matter why type he is.

4. neeta chauhan profile image61
    neeta chauhanposted 4 years ago

Hi there ,
    will try to answer the eternal unanswered question of yours , as we all know
    love is blind and it can lead even a Miss universe /miss world to the most
    unimpressive person you can think of and secondly women whether
    beautiful or not go for masculine matured and  older men
    because a man older to you no matter what age difference there is
    woman will feel well secured and protected when with him just
    as a chick is under its fathers wings.

5. 0
    Kathryn LJposted 4 years ago

Maybe it's because this kind of guy has nothing to loose and so has no problem with asking out women who are way out of his league.  The law of averages dictates that eventually he will come across a babe with low self image who is only to pleased to ooh and aah at his latest body art addition.

6. ptosis profile image80
    ptosisposted 4 years ago

I agree, older men are nicer.

Are you talking chemistry in a poetic sense or in a neurological sense?
    I knew guys were slaves to their dicks – but I think women are slaves to the 'love' chemicals  which  include the  corresponding brain chemicals of  oxytocin, dopamin, serotonin.  Maybe that's why the saying is “Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker.” -

From: http://theness.com/neurologicablog/inde … the-brain/
    “Females are also attracted to signs of health and vigor, but also dominance and power." (Perhaps the bible was spot on with the insight of the curse of Eve: from Genesis 3:16 "Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you.")

The web site also says that if male then just like Johnny Depp in Dark Shadows, you've got a thing for birthing hips!

"You must put those birthing hips to good use at once, lest your womb shrivel up and die."  - Barnabas Collins, ( Burton's Dark Shadows )

Neeta chauhan:
    Security and protection. - Yup! I remember telling my husband to fix a problem to go “down there and look ugly”, and I did mention that he was Vietnam Vet Special Forces.(hehehehehehe) – and it worked like a charm!

BTW: What does Patty Hearst and Princess of Monaco have in common? - They both married their bodyguards. The problem is that although they truly care and love you and protect you – would die for you – sometimes have to put up with the stifling  overprotection but can't really complain – that's  part of the attraction!

Kathryn LJ:
    LOL! Yup! like that joke where this guy gets slapped 9 out of 10 times when he walks up to woman and asks; “Wanna F*ck?” - but aahh – that 10th one!