jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Where do you put boundaries with your partner?

1. Super Lux profile image59
    Super Luxposted 4 years ago

no matter how intimate you get with your partner, when do you draw the line to keep your privacy or individuality?

1. dashingscorpio profile image83
      dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago in reply to this

One major mistake a lot of people make is that discuss these things early on. They wait until after there is an "emotional investment" before they reveal their "authentic self", lay down rules, or draw boundaries. Most relationships begin with both people saying (yes) to everything. This sometimes leads to one person feeling like there was a "bait & switch" used to lure them in when their mate starts acting differently. It's probably best to tell the person early on what your boundaries are before becoming intimate.

2. Cheeky Girl profile image85
    Cheeky Girlposted 4 years ago

It depends entirely on you and on what you want. But if you share a life together and you have love and trust, then sharing ought to be a good thing.

But some kinds of intimacy we have negative feelings about. If your partner demands certain things and they are not to your liking, simply tell your partner this. If he loves you enough then he will accept it.

Super Luxposted 4 years ago in reply to this

communication is the key then. thanks Cheeky Girl

1. Pearldiver profile image87
        Pearldiverposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Perhaps Not Having a Partner is the Real Key if 'acting' is required in a relationship.. especially in regard to intimacy! tongue

3. Greek One profile image77
    Greek Oneposted 4 years ago

I refuse to pick up the phone if my wife is calling while I am being intimate with one of my girlfriends...

after all, i need "my time'

haha some me-time you've got there Greek One.

4. Cheeky Girl profile image85
    Cheeky Girlposted 4 years ago

I agree with dashingscorpio! We all have our boundaries! Some partners wnat the woman to be a certain kind of "woman" as perhapsthey have friends who's girlfriends are more open to certaiin things, and the partner will pressure her unfairly.

Also the woman might prefer her privacy for other reasons. There might be personal family reasons or financial things that come into play. There are also always former partners or lovers. I had one boyfriend who wouldn't shut up asking me about some previous guy I had dated before him. He did my head in! LOL!

Communications is the key. Make your guy understand your feelings.

that's right. communication bridges the gap

working