jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Single by choices

1. 59
    Lamarr Dockettposted 4 years ago

Its a trend going around called "single by choice". In all reality, its alot of choices involved. Most of them are basic and at times irrelevant. At the end of the day the two most powerful choices are in effect over all.

The first choice is your choice to chase the ones that doesn't want u. Now and days, people tend to chase people over what their eyes desire. Whether its good looks, keen fashion sense, or money purposes. The reason its called a chase is because that person does not want to be caught. When its all said and done, u never catch them. If, somehow, u do catch them, usually they're not what u expected and its back to the drawing board.

The second choice is to distance yourself from the people who does want you. Maybe, they're not all that attractive or mentally different from what you're used to. That person u choose to keep away might generally be the type of partner you need. You'll never know because you're too busy chasing the ones that are no good for you. No matter how many times your heart gets broken, you will never look in that meaningful soul's direction.

Two things that are learned is that everyone is chasing someone and everyone is being chased. So to save everyone trouble, just stop running. I learned a long time ago its better to just walk someone's way rather than run after them. Besides, looks can be decieving. Never have your eyes lied to. You will never believe.the type.of people u will meet if you will just stop chasing and find it in your character and heart to be caught.

1. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

2. intouch profile image61
      intouchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Many times matching happens when your not looking. It is natural for people to need relationships. Be like a butterfly, do your own thing that your enjoy and it will come back to you.

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

There have always been single people and it has always been a choice.  Please don't assume that what is natural for you is natural for everyone.  Like you know better than the hermit, the aesthetic, the happily solitary widow, the asexual and the nun--and you get to declare what they have chosen is abnormal.  It is normal for them and it is their life.

Thank you, psycheskinner:  Even though singlehood is more accepted in this society, "one" is still a negative number in this society.  We have been inculcated with the premise that people should be coupled.  There are people who enjoy being alone for one reason or another.   Because of the societal emphasis on being a couple, people enter into quite disastrous and less than positive relationships for the sole purpose that they have someone.   People have been indoctrinated that it is wrong and/or abnormal to be alone.  I do not know why- being alone can be so enriching for the mind and the soul.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image81
        Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

In my last job I was treated like an outsider because I am single and didn't have any children. It was as if they didn't know how to talk to me.

3. Nouveau Skeptic profile image77
    Nouveau Skepticposted 4 years ago

If you look through history it has always been pretty common for about 20% of people to remain single, for a wide variety of reasons.  It is odd that something so common across many centuries continues to be seen as odd or sad.

The minority has always been derided by the majority who wants the minority to join its ranks.  However, it is the minority who are the trendsetters of society!