Are Toxic People affecting you? 10 Types of Negative Personalities to avoid
Banning the Negativity from life by avoiding Negative Influences
It is said that our happiness and well being depend on a larger extent on the people around us. As per Research people with negative attitudes have significantly higher rates of stress and disease. It is not wrong to say that we can be happy and healthy by banishing negative people from our life. However, that may not be practical as some of these toxic people are part of our life and valuable to us. Since our mental state plays an enormous role in our physical well being, the least we could do is not to let negative people influence us. The first step towards positivity is to identify negative people. Once we identify them, deal with them in such a manner that they do not affect us as they have the power in them to bring us down with their negativity. We are often judged by others based on the type of people who keep our company. To quote Jason Fong, "Sometimes your closest friend is your greatest enemy".
Who are these toxic people who can affect our happiness and well being? How to identify them? How to deal with negative people? I will be trying to give the answers of these questions through this Hub.
10 Types of Toxic Personalities to Avoid
There are many types of toxic people we meet in our daily lives. We tend to become like the people around us. Just like positivity attracts positivity, negativity attracts negativity. Negative people can rob us of our self confidence and self-worth.
Given below are common types of negative people who can affect us.
1) The Pessimists: The Pessimist is the sort of person for whom nothing in the world seems right. They only see the negative side of situations.
2) The Interfering: These are people who consider their business to interfere in the lives of people, whether they are needed or not. This self appointed mediators can cause fights and misunderstandings instead of solving them.
3) The Washer men: Some people have no problem in washing their dirty linen in public.
4) The Over Analyzers: Some people can make a mountain out of a molehill. They exaggerate the problems and make a great deal of almost everything.
5) The Past Lovers: These are people who refuse to let go of the past. No matter how much you try to bring them to the present, they keep talking of past hurt and pain.
6) The Hypocrites: The hypocrite is the sort of person you may something to you and do something else behind your back.
7) The Self Pity Lovers: These are people who make you feel as if the whole world’s burden is on their shoulders. Instead of looking out for solutions o their problems they prefer to keep wallowing in self pity.
8) The Whiners: These are people who constantly keep talking about their woes.
9) The Mud Slingers: The mud slingers are those who derive happiness by pulling others down. They may blame you or throw abuses at you for no reason.
10) The Gossip mongers: These are people who are habitually engaged in idle talk about others.
11) The Control Freaks
12) The Manupulators
13) The Narcissists
14) The Arrogants
15) The Liars
The above listed people can be negative influences in our lives. If we look around we may be able to spot many more types of toxic people. All these people can influence us. If we allow them to influence us, we will also turn out to be like them. So it is extremely important that we remove ourselves from their sphere of influence. It may not be possible for us to avoid negativity. But just because you are physically present in a situation does not mean that you need to participate on an emotional level. You have to be firm and positive when dealing with negative minded people. It is essential not to take things personally when dealing with a negative person. Disarm their negativity by positive talk and help them see things in a positive light. But if it is not working then it is best to walk away than let them affecting us. There was a time in my life when I used to get affected by the negative people. Now I am capable of dealing with them without being affected by them.
Do you let toxic people in your life affect you? How do you deal with negative people? Feel free to share your opinions through comments.
How to deal with Toxic People in your life?
More by this Author
Like it or not, Men cheat in relationships. Whatever the reason may be men are less forgiving of their wife cheating than wives are about their cheating husbands. Given are reasons why a Man may cheat.
Power struggles between Couples can ruin the relationship. So diffusing the Power Struggles in Marriage or Love relationship is very important to have a happy and contented relationship.
The Internet has revolutionized the way we shop. Learn about ten benefits and advantages to online shopping and reasons why everyone's doing it!