Living With Your Boyfriend Before Marriage
Moving In With Your Partner Before Marriage
A lot of us see this as a big deal in life. Some of us view it as the wrong decision to make and some do not think it matters either way. From what I've seen and heard, it's all based on your own beliefs and religion.
I started dating my now fiance at the age of 17. Right after I graduated high school, we moved into our own apartment together. It was very fast due to inconvenient circumstances and not being able to pay the rent by myself. He moved in to help me and we haven't been apart since.
The pros of living together before marriage:
- Knowing what it's like to live with one another.
- Getting comfortable in your surroundings and not being embarassed when it comes to dressing, showering, using the restroom, and going about your daily routines.
- Spending more time together than you might be able to as a couple living apart from one another.
- Understanding that small arguments are bound to happen when in close quarters with someone everyday of your life.
- Getting a feel for what your partner expects from you and vice versa when it comes to living together.
- Sharing financial responsibilities early on so that when you get married, it will no longer be a shock.
- Knowing first-hand what it's going to be like when you do finally get married to this person.
- Finding out their personality, behavior patterns, moods, etc early on.
- Figuring out if this relationship would work as a marriage.
Honestly, when I moved in with my now fiance, it was fantastic. Something new and almost taboo [not that I'm in any religious belief that would fog my decision]. Never being apart from the one you love was obviously a luxury.
If you're like me, it takes me such a long time to get used to someone. Living with them is a whole other story. Doing normal, everydy things such as eating, using the restroom, showering, and other things were awkward with a male in the house, at first. As time went on, I managed to become extremely comfortable with my partner and this year I have overcame every single awkward moment that I may have had a hard time with in the past and I am 100% comfortable doing anything and everything in front of my partner.
Jumping into marriage without first living with my partner would have been utter chaos for myself. I am a very anxious and nervous person until I am comfortable around that person.
I am getting married this December and have been with my now fiance going on 5 years. We have the best relationship that I could ever imagine and living together for nearly our entire relationship has brought us closer than ever. We know exactly what to expect when we get married. We know eachother like the back of our hand. We know eachothers faults, flaws, moods, personalities, likes, dislikes, sleeping schedule, and anything else you would want to know about your future spouse.
The decision is purely up to you, but living with your partner before marriage definitely breaks the ice.
More by this Author
If you find any of these animal facts to be untrue or misleading, please leave a comment and I will correct the information. These are true to the best of my knowledge, so I apologize for any incorrect facts. Feel...