2012's Top 5 Doomsday Websites
See Them Before They're History
The oldest. The scariest. The most Christian. The most New Age. The root source. Visit the now-historic sites that predicted the end of the world on December 21, 2012:
1. December212012.org. "Prepare to LIVE or Prepare to DIE," said the banner at December 212012.org, showing in blood-red the countdown to unspecified global disaster. But nothing happened, so today it sometimes says instead "Welcome to our New Beginning." Based in Bullitt County, Kentucky (Bigfoot territory), December212012.org called itself "the official site," and it also owned December212012.com., .net, and .info, all of them sources of alarmist 2012 reports and a video predicting that a solar "electronic hurricane" would fritz all our devices and ignite volcanoes. Its 2012 shop sold out some items but will still sell you an East German gas mask. The online list of 2012 "believers" has been erased, probably to the great relief of all who signed it.
2. 2012apocalypse.net was all scary with mushroom clouds and eerie coincidences but it doesn't look as healthy as it used to. It whipped together the Mayans, astrology, Revelations, NASA (the sun's "flip" in 2001 and 2012), and the prophecies of Nostradamus to argue that 2012 was to be "a point of destruction and near annihilation which transitions into a world of spirituality never experienced on earth. World peace after a costly lesson for mankind and its creatures." Ultimately, the site says, stretching coincidence as far as it will go, the "costly lesson" will be the fault of an "Evil Trinity" of Middle Eastern leaders. Maybe that will still happen?
3. EndoftheWorld2012.net looked nefarious, describing 2012's potential for biological warfare or a disastrous brush with an earth-sized planet named Nibiru. But today it triumphantly says, "December 21 2012 was not end of the world! Just like we said all along!" That's true. It always held that the Bible, the ultimate authority, says we will not know the day or hour of our end, and if we think it's 2012 it probably isn't. And it wasn't. Now then, site visitors: Armageddon or not, we will all die, so the real issue is: Are you Christian, saved, and going to Heaven? The site's Good Person Test -- which nobody can pass -- will bare the truth.
4. 2012-Spiritual-Growth-Prophecies.com, for those who call troubled children "Indigo" or "Crystal" children, or otherwise try to make a chaotic universe seem like a pleasantly scented suburban home, says 2012 planted the seed of our personal growth and we will soon be rid of the horrors of money and power and have a calm New Age of spirituality and unity. It still says that if you must, you can survive on blue-green algae and whole-grain salt. This "positivity" site, with many long articles by a self-actualized author, can still be mined for real gems, such as a YouTube interview with a Mayan elder.
5. Lawoftime.org. Dr. Jose Arguelles, who died in March 2011, is the person most often credited with sparking 2012 mania with his 1987 book The Mayan Factor: Path Beyond Technology. His opinions survive him at his website, Lawoftime.org. Arguelles believed that our current calendar created "the whole structure of civilization" that is "coming apart at the seams," and in 2012 we must return to the 13-month lunar calendar to clean out the "karmic logjam" in the "noosphere" or cloud of thought that surrounds our planet. His site still sells books and almanacs. It's been amended to say 2012 AND 2013 are the gateway to a "purified humanity."
Sylvia Sky writes about occult and spiritual matters. Copyright 2013 by Sylvia Sky.
More by this Author
Venus is moving backwards in the sky for 40 days. Instead of crazy love she will send friendships and help you nourish your network. The zodiac signs involved: Aries and Pisces.
Astrologer Sylvia Sky reviews the 850-page book of entertaining lore about all 366 birthdays and celebrity birthday mates. Top seller on amazon.com.
Meet the bunny-boilers of the zodiac. Scorpio has a reputation for being intense, deep, sexy, and secretive. Date a Scorpion, be her boy toy, but don't break up with one.