21 Biblical Principles for financial Increase
The highest form of increase according to the word of God is that of spiritual. Jesus said the Son of Man came to seek and to save that which was lost (Luke 15). Jesus talked to Nicodemus in John chapter 3 and told him that you must be born again. To be born again means to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior according to Romans 10:8-13.
- God also wants us to increase mentally because Romans 12:2 declares be not conformed to this world but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. The way a person increases mentally is to meditate in the word of God and by doing so a person begins to think like God. The Bible tells us in the book of Philippians to put on the mind of Christ and by meditating in the word of God is how we do that. Isaiah 55 declares God's ways are not our ways and his thoughts are not our thoughts so the way that we get God's thoughts is to meditate in his word. Joshua 1:8 declares this book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth, but thy shalt meditate therein day and night that thou may observe to do all that is written therein, for then thou shall make that way prosperous and then thou shalt have good success.
- God wants us to increase emotionally because he says in Isaiah 26:3 that thou will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on thee because he trusts in thee. He also tells us in Philippians 4 not to worry or have any anxiety but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving to let our request be made known unto God and the peace of God which passes all understanding shall keep or guard our hearts and minds by Christ Jesus.
- God also wants us to increase in health and to walk in divine healing. Isaiah 53 declares that Jesus was wounded for our transgressions and he was bruised for our iniquities and the chastisement of our peace was upon him and with his stripes we are healed. Jesus was beaten on his back with 39 stripes so that those that are sick may be healed. Of course doctors and medicine are part of the healing process because every good and perfect gift comes from above.
- God also wants the marriage relationship to increase because he has put his blessing of favor on it. The Bible says he that finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor of the Lord. God admonishes the husband to love his wife as Christ loved the church and gave himself for it. The Bible also says that marriage is honorable in all and the bed undefiled.
- God also wants to increase the parent-child relationship because he says in Ephesians 6 children obey your parents in the Lord for this is right, honor your father and your mother that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God gives thee. The parents are admonished to train a child in the way that he should go and when he is old it will not depart from him.
- God also wants there to be financial increase because he says in third John 2 beloved I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health even as thy soul prospers. Jesus says in Luke 10:7 that the laborer is worthy of his hire which means that work is a blessing and a person should expect to be paid. One of the things Jesus told his disciples not to bring as he sent them on their missionary journey in Luke 9 was a purse or moneybag. After they came back from that trip in Luke 22:35 he asked the question when I sent you without, did you lack anything? And they answered nothing.
- God wants there to be increase in relationship because he says in Mark 11:26 that when we stand praying to forgive if you have ought against any that your heavenly father will forgive you, for if you do not forgive, neither will your heavenly father forgive you your trespasses. Matthew five Jesus declares in the sermon on the Mount to love your enemies and to do good and pray for them which despite fully use you.
- God wants us to increase in character because he says in John 15 that every branch in him that does not bear fruit he takes it away, but every branch that bears fruit he purges it that it might bring forth more fruit.Galatians 5:22-23 describes that this fruit is love joy peace long-suffering gentleness meekness temperance faith and goodness which are all the fruit of the Holy Spirit.
- God wants us to increase in faith for he says in Hebrews 11:6 that without faith it is impossible to please him for he that cometh to God must believe that he is and that he is a re warder of them that diligently seek him. Romans 10:17 declares that faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God.
- God wants us to increase in wisdom because the Bible says that wisdom is the principal thing therefore get it. The Bible says in Luke 2:52 that Jesus increased in wisdom and stature and in favor with God and man.
- God wants us to increase in vision because the Bible says that without a vision people perish.
- God wants us to increase in favor because Luke 2:52 declares that Jesus increased in wisdom and stature and favor with God and man. Proverbs 3 declares my son forget not my law but let thine heart keep my commandments. For length of days and long life and peace shall they add to thee. Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck write them upon the table of thine heart, so shalt thou find favor and good understanding in the sight of God and man.
- God wants us to increase in years and long life because Proverbs 3 says if we keep God's commandments and do not forget them, length of days and long life and peace shall they add to thee.
- God wants us to increase in the knowledge of his word because he says to study to show thyself approved unto God a workman that needs not to be ashamed rightly dividing the word of truth.
- God wants us to increase in childbearing and productiveness (Genesis 1:28)
- God wants us to multiply which is to find something that works and do it over and over(Genesis 1:28)
- God wants us to subdue or conquer(Genesis 1:28)
- God wants us to replenish(Genesis 1:28)
- God wants us to have dominion(Genesis 1:28)
- God wants us to increase in love because he says by this shall all men know that you are my disciples if you have love one to another.
- God wants us to increase in our love for him because he says if you love me keep my commandments.
More by this Author
In the book of Genesis chapter one and verse twenty-eight we read...and God blessed them and said be fruitful, multiply, replenish, subdue and have dominion (Paraphrase). The blessing of the Lord is not the tangible...
One of the Hebrew meanings for midnight is chatsoth which means middle of the night and during this special time God brought many fantastic things to pass. He is willing to do the same thing today...
The subject of finance as it relates to the church is a controversial subject to many people because of the misuse and abuse of it. And because of the abuse of it by some clergy, people have had a tendency to throw the...