33 Different Ways God Says Thank You
Have you ever challenged yourself with counting the blessings you receive within a single day?
I just tried and below is the result.
33 Things to Be Grateful for Within a Day
In the Morning
1. Clean, potable water to make coffee with
2. Decent bread and coffee on the breakfast table
3. Fresh eggs from someone’s farm
4. Loved ones to share breakfast with
5. A separate set of furnishings for the dining room
6. Tap water to wash the dishes with
7. Having clean towels to wipe with
8. A refrigerator to store food
During the Day
9. A bright, new day
10. Newspaper in the front porch
11. Dogs and/or cats in the yard
12. Water running in the lawn sprinkler
13. Electricity running the sprinkler
14. Cozy home as shelter
15. Safe neighborhood
16. Quiet, friendly neighbors
17. Tidy home
18. Phone to keep in touch with
19. Healthy physique
20. Decent clothes to wear
21. Available transport to take to work
22. Workstation with needed devices at the office
23. Free writing implements and supplies
24. Free drinking water at the cafeteria
25. Clean comfort room
26. People lining up in orderly manner
27. Meeting courteous and friendly folks
28. Fluffy bed and pillows
29. Toothbrush, toothpaste and soap
30. Fresh towels
31. Fluffy pillows
32. Ability to say one’s prayer
33. Sweet dreams
The really GREAT thing about counting blessings is that it tends to multiply them. The reverse is also true when dealing with ‘negative’ events. We get more of whatever we focus our attention on.
Another important consequence of counting our blessings is that it builds on TRUST in God. We get to realize how much He really cares for us. Initially, in small ways. As the trust we have matures, we notice that continuing with the practice of gratitude, even greater blessings come our way. Consequently, trust develops even further. We get to see that God makes happen even those things that we have previously thought impossible.
Being grateful makes happen more events to be grateful for, developing trust. Gratitude then has the power to develop in us faith even in things yet unseen. When we carry this spirit of GRATITUDE and FAITH everywhere we go, we become witnesses of God’s magnanimity and people, sooner or later, take notice. Eventually, people will get wind of how you were able to use gratitude to build faith and consequently, faith to usher in circumstances to be grateful for.
… Gratitude building on faith and faith building on gratitude.
And they too will want to have the same blessings happen in their lives.
God’s Way of Saying Thank You
Before we were even aware that we needed clean, potable water for making our morning coffee, God is. And He knew what our needs would be, and so created water. The same is true for even the minutest details in our lives.
God first exercised his generosity towards us, even before we became aware of what we will be needing. We were then given and so were put in a disposition to be grateful. Grace was there even before our being grateful came to our awareness.
God’s way of saying thank you then is to make your need available when its time comes, for your need to be fulfilled as it happens. It thus turns out that our list of 33 is also God’s Thank You! list for us.
By our merely being, God loves and appreciates us and says, Thank You!
34. Our growing awareness of God’s presence and His everyday blessings
More by this Author
"Someone you do not know is in your midst."
Have you had the experience of dreaming of songs in your sleep? What did you take these to mean?
“I have thought for a long time, it may take forever, maybe even never, before I could see you face to face.”