A Guide to Developing Your Psychic Abilities
We Have Natural Psychic Ability
We all have natural psychic ability, for we are tuned in to each other and to the rest of the universe at the deepest level. Although education and socialization teach us to shut it down, and look for “logic” in life, our innate psychic gifts can be developed with practice.
There is a range of abilities of different types and degree. Some people have dreams that come true, some hear voices or see visions, or feel others' pain in their bodies. Some people have learned to use their ability to help investigators solve crimes.
For instance, we may have strong thoughts of someone, just before the phone rings and we hear their voice on the line. Or a man who has a dream, in the morning tells his wife someone died, and later that day they get news of a cousin’s death, which occurred during the night. These are examples that have happened to me, or to someone I know. Has anything like this happened to you?
Are You Psychic?
Have you ever had one of the following psychic experiences?See results without voting
What is Entrainment?
This all makes sense if you understand that at the deepest level we are energy, and energy modulates with other streams of energy at its own frequency of resonance, in a process called entrainment. Think of a pendulum. In a group of clocks in a room, the pendulums set to swing in different phases will, after a time, synchronize themselves to swing at the same rate. Or a group of women with close emotional bonds of family or friendship in a household will start to menstruate at almost the same time.
Ideas and emotional states are also energy, and when we centre ourselves, we move into a clear state of energy where we become receptive to distant sources of energy that are vibrating at a similar frequency to ourselves. Think of the way a musical instrument string tuned perfectly rings with overtones of the same note at higher octaves. This is the same phenomenon that allows a note at a particular pitch and frequency to shatter a glass across the room. Similarly, when we are tuned to our centre, our highest frequency, we may see images or hear sounds or feel things of people and events that are far away in space or time, for they are also rooted in the same centre.
Using a Pendulum
Finding the Perimeter of a Bioenergetic Field
To picture how this works, we need to understand that we are not our bodies, and we do not end at our skin. Our skin is a porous organ, which appears solid but is not. In fact, our supposedly “solid” body is made up of molecules and atoms that are mostly empty space, and are held together by powerful energetic bonds. If this is a new idea to you, here is an experiment you can try.
Take an ordinary wire coat hanger, like the one I hold in the picture above and use in the video below, and hold it loosely in your hand with the wire hook pointing toward your friend, who is sitting in a chair about 20 metres, or 15 yards, away. Experiment a few times if it doesn’t work at first, for you may have to stand much farther back than you expect for the process to work. You need to start from outside the friend’s energy field, and walk into it, as if crossing an energetic membrane. Start to walk slowly toward your friend, until you feel some resistance in the coat hanger and it begins to sway, waver, and then slowly swing to one side. Allow it to move, without making it move. This marks the edge of your friend’s electo-magenetic energy field, which surrounds and interpenetrates his or her body. This energy field is the vehicle we all have for sensing and influencing vibrations, thoughts, moods and events that may be located at a distance from us. It is a tool that lets us get information that may be out of reach of our senses.
Test the Boundary of the Bioenergetic Field with a Wire coat Hanger
What is the Holographic Universe?
One explanation for this lies in the idea of the holographic universe, where each part contains the whole. We only appear separate from the rest of the world. In fact this apparent separateness is an illusion, a trick of the mind. Our deepest identity is one of powerful psychic beings who can leverage the power of the universe, for we are one with the universe.
Are your children psychic? Has your child everSee results without voting
Characteristics of Indigo Children
Children are often more attuned to psychic realities than adults, because they have not yet learned or been socialized to discredit them. Many people believe that as the human race evolves, we are becoming more psychic, and perceptive capabilities are unfolding in individuals. One writer, Nancy Ann Tappen, a clairvoyant, described the colours of the human aura in her 1982 book Understanding Your Life Through Colour. Since she could easily see auras, the coloured energy fields around each of us, she was able to observe that more and more children after the 1980s and 1990s were born with a marked indigo colour in the aura which has rarely been present in people born before the 1980s. She hypothesized that these children are born to lead the planet and the human race into new structures and paths that are more open to spiritual realities. She called them "Indigo Children."
These Indigo Children are natural leaders and teachers,and have many characteristics that set them apart from others:
- they have strong intuition, may be telepathic and have extrasensory capabilities
- they are empathetic, creative, visionary, and connected to source
- they have a strong sense of self, and may defy authority
- they are deeply spiritual, and often psychic
- they have deep, wise eyes, and often show understanding beyond their years
- they have right-and left-brain alignment
- they are often misdiagnosed with Attention Deficit disorder (ADD) or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Is your child, or a child in your class, an indigo child, with a marked psychic ability?
Resources for Developing Psychic Ability
If you want to learn more, start with these books and websites. Check back as I update it. If you have good resources, please leave a suggestion in the comments.
- Tappen, Nancy Ann. Understanding Your Life Through Colour.
- Brennan, Barbara. Hands of Light.
- Bruyere, Roslyn. Wheels of Light: Chakras, Auras and the Healing Energy of the Body.
- Losey, Meg Blackburn. Conversations with the Children of Now.
How to Increase Psychic Ability
We all have this ability, and we can practice to develop it. Here are some ways:
1. Practice centering techniques and meditation to quiet the mind and develop concentration and one-pointed focus.
2. Practice visualizing techniques that centre us in universal life energy, like white light. When I was studying Reiki, our teacher gave us a demonstration of how we can bend spoons if we learn to apply Reiki, or life energy to it. When we first tried bending the stainless steel kitchen spoon, we could not do it. Then we grounded ourselves, did the opening meditation and visualized ourselves in a column of universal life energy bathing us in white light, extending above our head and below our feet into the earth, including and penetrating every cell in our body, and surrounding also the spoon in our hands. Holding this image of light, we then tried again to bend the spoon in our hands. The steel spoon bent easily, like soft wax.
3. Use our psychic ability to heal ourselves and others, and refuse to use it in ways that harm others or manipulate them. Adam Dream Healer and other healers teach visualization techniques: waterfall washing away pain, darkness or negativity; antibodies eating cancer cells; lightening bolts striking diseased cells. Practice these, and teach others. Find out what works for you.
4. Trust yourself and your psychic ability. Practice intuition, or “inner knowing.” This means trusting our inner sense of the direction we should take in life, at a decisive crossroad, or in the city. I have often been lost, and when I don’t panic, but put myself in the light and ask for guidance to the place where I belong, I am harmonizing with the vibratory level of my destination, and end up finding the right turns to get there.
Honour your energy body and don’t shut down the view you have of yourself. We are not small beings who end at our skin. On the contrary, our skin is no barrier, nor is it even solid. Our energy fields extend beyond our bodies, and can expand or contract according to our states of mind and moods.
Techniques for Developing Psychic Ability
The more you start to practice these techniques, the more you will start to notice a shift taking place in your awareness, and the more you will start to notice your psychic abilities becoming active. They are not absent; they are merely asleep.
More by this Author
Teaching ESL and EFL is a great way to travel and see the world. Bring a kit of supplies with you that includes picture books, simplified novels, phonic readers, a basic grammar, and a few science magazines. You can...
Adults beginning yoga over 50 can benefit from a gentle sequence of yoga stretches in a chair. These chair exercises for seniors, who may have high blood pressure or joint issues with wrists, shoulders, hips, knees, and...
In traditional basketry of the Salish First Nations people, weavers made beautiful, useful baskets from natural materials like pine needles, cedar root, sweetgrass, cherry bark, carved bone pieces, and shells. Learn...