A Weird and Wonderful World of Mysteries
The World of the Strange
There are mysteries that have no explanation and never will no matter how much logical argument or scientific study and scrutiny can be thrown at them. It is just a strange place our world and there are so many odd happenings that it often seems to defy our logical train of thought when we observe these strange and mysterious things. Some just seem out of the ordinary while others linger on the edge of extraordinary. I'd like to take this time to explore just a few of the strange mysteries that perhaps you haven't had the pleasure of hearing about, or that you may have heard of but never really explored that deeply. I hope you enjoy reading about them as much as I did writing about them.
Red Rain Spores
Red Rain Story
India's Strange Red Rain
On the 25th of July 2001 a strange red substance fell from the skies above the area of Kerala Southern India. This was not the only time this had happened, reports of colored rain in the area have been reported on since 1896, but this was the first time that modern media was able to cover such a rainfall. Other colored rains fell that day ranging from green, yellow, black, and red... but the major down-pour which colored white shirts and dresses pink was the red rain. People began to speculate that a meteor had exploded in the upper atmosphere and it was alien spores that had come down with the debris from this exploded meteor that caused the rain. Scientists in the area said it was a prolific terrestrial sporification that had been carried high into the atmosphere and then rained down in a populated area.
The Coso Artifiact
In 1961 near Olancha California three rock collectors were out searching for geodes when they came across an odd object. Upon having the rock X-Ray'd it was shown that a spark plug like object was encased within the geode. This object had a coil of metal a casing and center core of metal much like a spark plug would have today. Later a diamond saw was used to cut the object in half exposing a ceramic casing and a metal core. This object has since been labeled the Coso Artifact. It has been said that the spark plug is that of a 1920s style Champion Spark Plug from a model T Ford. Scientists believe the nature of the spark plug and it's alkaline properties caused the geode to form around the object. This is interesting because in geology it take millions of years to encase and then form a natural geode. In this case it happened in just about 40 years and the rock it was in is said to be 500,000 years old. There are those that say this is not a spark plug of the past but perhaps an object from an alien civilization that visited here when humanity was just beginning to set out across the plains of Africa. Others claim it could be from a time traveler of the future that got stuck some half a million years ago in the desert of California. What ever the case the mystery is still unsolved.
Sailing Stone of Racetrack Playa Death Valley
The Sailing Stones of Racetrack Playa Death Valley California
In Death Valley California one of the hottest places on Earth and one of the lowest places known to man (below sea level) a strange thing happens, the rocks move! Yes it is documented and these rocks are known as the sailing stones of Racetrack Playa. These stones move throughout the winter months sometimes hundreds of feet. Many of these stones can weigh in at almost a hundred pounds and their tracks are seen over the months in the dry lake bed. They meander and turn on a dime, then sit for days just to slide it seems inches in a single day. What is at work here? Scientists say that the rocks are on a slight declination and that water freezing under the rocks from condensation is the cause, turning into water then back into ice as it turns to night allowing the rocks to slide with the light breeze flowing down the valley which is why the seem to turn. This process has never been recorded though but the rocks movements have. What ever the cause it is a cool thing to see.
Ancient Egyptian Light
Working Model of Egyptian Lightbulb
The Ancient Egyptian Lightbulb
Under the Temple of Hathor at the Dendera excavation site in Egypt were hyrogyphics that showed an ancient light bulb like structure. This light bulb resembled what is known as a Crookes tube one of the first types of light bulbs invented. A UFO researcher Erich Von Daniken suggested that this hieroglyph was depicting an ancient technology used by the ancient Egyptians. He suggested that the ancients used this technology along with alcohol filled copper containers with electrode like wires to power the bulbs. They even set up an experiment to see if these bulbs would work, and they did. How could an ancient society have built something that wasn't even thought about before the 1800s when Thomas Edison invented the first light bulb. Perhaps though it had been. In recent years many odd discoveries have been made from the Baghdad Battery they believed was used to plate gold coins in Ancient Iraq to these strange light bulbs in Egypt. The past has more mysteries to unveil to us than we would have ourselves believe.
The Toas Hum
Marfa Texas Ghost Lights
- In Casper Wyoming in 1932 gold minors found a mummy of a 14 inch tall human male, his skin was brown, he had a low forehead, and a flat nose. The skeleton revealed that the man was middle aged when he had died and he was found sitting cross legged in the cave.
- In Utah, USA, in 1968, a piece of rock was opened revealing a fossil of a sandaled shoe which seemed to have crushed a trilobite, a sea creature which died out about 280 million years ago. The sandal that seems to have crushed a living trilobite is 10.5 inches long by 3.5 inches wide with the heel being slightly more indented than the sole. Humans are thought to have been on the planet for between 1 and 2 million years, and well shaped footwear only in the last few thousand years. The fossil may be up to 600 million years old. There are those who think the prints may have been made by biped extraterrestrial beings visiting our planet 600 million years ago.
- In 1930 West Africa, French Anthropologists researched a tribe known as the Dogon. The Dogon are set apart from similar cultures in Africa because of their beliefs. The Dogon's beliefs center around the Star System known as Sirius the Dog Star. The Dogon held a ceremony that they hold every 60 years to describe the movement of a binary star system using ropes and balls to show the orbits of a double star system indicating that there was another star called Sirius B and the worlds that circle the Sirius system. Scientists of the day dismissed this ceremony because it was believed that Sirius was a single star system though it was theorized that it could be a double star as early as the 1800s, that was until they photographed the Sirius system and discovered that it is indeed a double star system. The Dogon legend claims that an alien race of sea creatures called the Nommos crashed a craft off the coast and when they were repairing their craft encountered the ancient Dogon people. They say that these alien Gods gave them the knowledge of agriculture, mathematics, and spiritualism.
- In the Ituri forest of Central Africa anthropologists studied an African Pygmy tribe called the Efe. In their belief system the planet Saturn was called the Planet with Nine Moons, the interesting thing is that as seen through a telescope Saturn does in fact have nine visible moons. These moons are not visible to the naked eye and must be viewed through a telescope, a technology unknown the the Efe. It was not known that Saturn had any more moons until the Voyager probe sent back images in 1981. It remains a mystery as to how the Efe were able to learn about Saturn's Lunar System.
- Mystery Hill New Hampshire is a stone structure built before the European settlers had come to the Americas. The architecture is foreign to the Native American Indians and it was unlike other structures of the time made by the natives, it was built more like those structures of ancient Europe. It is believed that Mystery Hill may have been built by ancient Druids because of the seasonal stones that line up with certain sunsets and sunrises at certain times of the year. It is now believed based on the inscriptions there at the site that many cultures from all over the world may have used the site. Yes long before Christopher Columbus set foot in the New World visitors or lost fishermen from Europe, North Africa, Phoenicia, and Asia all co-inhabited North America alongside the American Indians. What happened to these ancient explorers is unknown, but it seems they did not last long enough to create any substantial societal mark in North America.
- The Coral Castle of Florida was built by a man little is known about named Edward Leedskalnin. It is said he built the structures of coral slabs some single pieces weighing in the tons for a woman he loved and admired. Ed was merely a hundred pounds yet he built Coral Castle all by himself! He bragged that he understood how the pyramids of Egypt and other ancient monoliths were built and that he had knowledge of natural energies that only he understood, sadly those secrets died with him. Today the Coral Castle is a museum open the to public. Had you visited the Coral Castle in the 1940s Ed would have greeted you at the gate and charged you ten cents to see his amazing accomplishment.
- There were Vikings in Nevada? It appears that this may be the case. In a cave near Lake Pyramid in Nevada 23 6 to 9 foot tall Caucasian mummies with red hair were found preserved at an old burial site. The local Indian population always spoke of red headed giants that lived in the area before the white man came. The entire story is shrouded in mystery and secrecy. Why are they hiding this information?
- New Mexico is host to more than cactus and desert... In the small town of Taos a strange hum has been vibrating the local population for years. Some residents say it is a whirling sound while others hear it as a buzz or a very low humming. People say it could be caused by unusual acoustical properties in the earth yet others believe it is tunneling being dug under the desert for governmental or alien bases. Others say it may have mind control properties or may be a way to drive the population insane. What ever the case it is a strange case and a very annoying one for the people of Taos.
- The Oregon Vortex, right in my own backyard in Southern Oregon nestled in the hills of Gold Hill off the I 5 Freeway. This mysterious place holds an interesting naturally occurring phenomenon. Set in a wooded valley next to an old collapsed gold mining outpost the ground in the vortex is magnetically spiraling. Standing in certain spots you close your eyes and find that the upper half of your body will begin spinning like you are leaning in a circular motion with the magnetic vortex. People standing at one end of a level piece of ground that are shorter will grow taller at the other end and taller people doing the opposite grow shorter. Deer, coyotes, mountain lions, and bears do not enter the area and the Indian population calls it the Forbidden Land.
- The Ghost Lights of Marfa Texas, since the 1950s in Marfa Texas citizens and visitors have observed lights that move about at a distance. Researchers believe that the lights may be produced by a natural geological energy. Electrical energy that is caused by the earth but happening in the atmosphere. These types of lights are seen in many places around the world.
- In Varginha Brazil 1996 January 20th, a strange event took place. A small strange light was filmed moving around the city over streets and seeming to peer into windows outside of apartments. Bizarre events followed the next day when two strange creatures were captured in the surrounding area. The following morning a group of fire fighters found one of the creatures and the military came and grabbed up the creature. Later that afternoon a second creature was seen by three girls telling the people in their neighborhood that they had seen a devil. Later that night a military police officer and his partner captured the creature. Almost a month later the police officer died from an unknown contaminant that caused his immune system to shut down.
Well these are some of the strange stories I will continue to report about here on this hub as it is updated over the next week or two. I hope you enjoy these strange stories and come back to take a look at the other strange but interesting things I am able to dig up
More by this Author
A look into the mysterious world of earth-lights, ghost-lights, and spook-lights. What is the history of these phenomena? Where are they located? What are they? Are they real? In this article we explore these topics and...
The time travel story of Hakan Nordkvist. A man is whisked away to another time and reality in the future where he meets himself as an old man. It is confirmed in a video from a cell phone of his older self and him...
A look into rapid hypnotic induction, this guide demonstrates two ways to put someone into a quick trance.