Are Shadow People Actually Psychic Vampires? An Interesting Theory and How To Protect Yourself
A Common Experience...Hag Attacks and Shadow People
Thousands (if not millions) of people worldwide experience something known as sleep paralysis and search the internet for answers. Sleep paralysis can be described as being awakened at night or early morning hours to a feeling of something heavy sitting on your chest. You aren't able to move or scream, and often people have visions of a monster or person sitting on their chest preventing them from moving. These accounts of sleep paralysis also tie into the belief or experience of shadow people.
Often people see shadowy figures standing in their doorways or hovering over their beds right before or during these sleep paralysis attacks. In other countries, sometimes these terrifying experiences are known as "hag attacks", as it was said that witches or hags would sit on one's chest at night and prevent them from moving or fighting back. There is a definite link between shadow people and hag attacks...but what are these shadow people? What are these hag attacks? And why are they happening to millions of people all over the world? An interesting theory is emerging and seems to almost answer these questions...
I woke up at night...paralyzed!
Have you ever woke up late at night to find that you can't move? Perhaps you feel like something is sitting on your chest or choking you...preventing you from screaming out or calling for help. Maybe it is an invisible force, or perhaps you actually see something or someone sitting there on top of you.
You are not the first person to experience this phenomenon. In fact, there are various names for this depending on where you live. Some folks call this phenomenon a "hag attack", while others call it simply "sleep paralysis". Still others say these experiences can be attributed to a paranormal entity known as a "shadow person". No matter what you call it, one thing is for sure...it is frightening and eerily similar to what millions of people experience on a daily basis.
Now there have been various theories put out by paranormal investigators, psychiatrists, and the like as to what shadow people or hag attacks actually are, including:
- ghosts or demons
- beings from other dimensions
- visitors from another planet
- merely a psychological or physiological effect of sleeping
- mental disorders, sleep disorders, etc.
In spite of these theories, there is a recent theory that seems to fit even better with many experiences of shadow people and the like. What if these beings are actually psychic or energy vampires, of sorts?
What are psychic vampires?
We all know what a Hollywood vampire is...he sulks around at night, trying endlessly to bite the neck of an unsuspecting victim in order to suck her blood and keep himself alive. But what is a psychic vampire if not an undead creature who drinks blood for sustenance?
A psychic vampire is a being (whether on the physical or astral plane) that must feed off of others' energy in order to sustain itself. Often people use the term "psychic vampire" to describe people who seem to be physically or mentally draining on those around them, which in reality can signal a psychic vampire in physical form. But here, we are talking specifically about astral or spiritual psychic vampires..meaning beings who occupy the astral or spiritual plane and feed off of energy from human beings in order to sustain themselves.
They are basically leeches or astral parasites that have to feed off of our energy, because if they didn't they wouldn't be able to survive on any plane of existence. These beings are also known as "astral nasties" and are sometimes mistaken for "demons". I do not believe there is enough information or investigation into this form of vampirism, but one thing is for sure...they exist and might be to blame for the sleep paralysis and shadow people phenomenon.
Shadow People Might Be Psychic Vampires...
How can shadow people be related to psychic vampires?
If we compare shadow people experiences with psychic vampire attacks, we can see so many similarities.
- Their sightings and "attacks" occur at night, usually between 3 am and 5 am.
- The individual who sees the shadow people or psychic vampires is often-times paralyzed and can't scream or talk while these beings are around.
- They both have been said to have glowing red eyes.
- They both instill a deep fear in their victims.
- They both make a "rushing" noise when they come to the victim's room or when leaving the room.
- Often, they are both said to sit on a person's chest or strangle them in some way.
So the question stands: are shadow people the same as psychic vampires? If they are the same thing, then we know that their purpose in haunting unsuspecting people is to feed off of these people's energy. To feed off of their life-force or aura, as some people call it.
In Konstantinos' book Vampires: The Occult Truth, he presents the theory of psychic vampires and sleep paralysis to be one in the same. And if we read between the lines, we can also see that shadow people fall into this same realm of paranormal experiences.
These beings are thought to be existent only on the astral (spiritual) realm, and that is why they feed off of our energy...because our astral selves can be easily tapped into at night. We are sleeping and unaware, and often many of us are traveling on the astral plane which opens us up further to the astral world...potentially drawing towards us the shadow people or psychic vampire attacks.
Participate in a poll:
What do you think shadow people really are?See results without voting
Protect Yourself from Psychic Vampires / Shadow People
Maybe you've recently experienced sleep paralysis, along with what seems to have been a dark being of some kind hovering above you or watching you from a corner in your room. Maybe you've even come to this article in search for answers. Now that you know this experience might be something sinister that could potentially harm you, you might be fearful. Don't be afraid. We are more powerful than these beings...these shadow people...these psychic vampires. We are of both astral and physical nature, which means we can manifest in both realms. Which inevitably makes us more powerful than these psychic vampires. So how do we get rid of them? How do we protect ourselves from these astral parasites?
- If you find yourself paralyzed during sleep or being attacked by a shadow person/psychic vampire - call out the name of Jesus and they will disappear (I am not a Christian but for some reason this always works for me! I believe they are afraid of that name)
- Before going to bed at night or while lying in bed, visualize a circle of white light surrounding you and then surrounding your house. Keep this visualization in your head as long as you can, and until you fall asleep. Visualize that nothing of darkness can penetrate this circle of white light.
- Circle the premises of your house with sea salt and visualize that it is a circle of protection while doing so.
- Smudge your house using white sage (you can read more about smudging here).
- If you are on drugs or any harmful substances, get clean! These beings can more easily feed off of people who are not in their right mind, people whose spiritual and mental powers have been depleted.
- Pray for protection every night before bed and know that these beings cannot overtake you. You are a creature of light.
Take the shadow people/psychic vampire quiz.
© 2014 Author Nicole Canfield
More by this Author
Hauntings can be very frightening...but even more frightening are hauntings involving a dark spirit or a demon. Here are the signs it's a demon haunting your home, and things that can attract a demon.
Shadow people are said to usually appear in a person's peripheral vision, darting away upon being seen; however, there are rare circumstances when people have come face to face with the shadow people. They are also...
Is there a legitimate difference between having the common hangover and having alcohol poisoning? What are the symptoms of a hangover as compared to alcohol poisoning?