...Are You A "Good" Person?
Most people, when asked, "Are you a good person?" they usually say yes. Yet, looking at the definition, to say you are "good" is to say you are God-like. In other words, You walk as Jesus did when he was on the earth. I don't think anyone can be a good person, at least not completely and here on earth. Jesus was and still is the only one to have done this. We all have broke one or more of the 10 commandments in our lives, there for, we are not "good". If you ever lied, you are a liar, even if you have only lied once. If you ever killed someone, you are a murderer, even if it was only once. God works like "most" worldly law, in the sense that He and His law ( The 10 Commandments) is based on Justice. This is WHY we ALL need Jesus. Think of it as if you did something bad and your in court. You plead and beg and say sorry, yet by the law, you can't be forgiven. Right before the judge says your sentence, someone walks in and pays for what you did. He simply says, he loves you and you deserve to be forgiven. So the judge excepts the money, and you are free to go. Jesus is the one who paid for your freedom and God is the judge. You follow me?
So you may ask this, as we all do... How do I know I am going to Heaven? Well, you love and honor God every day, openly admit that you are a sinner, confess your sins, know that you know that YOU KNOW Jesus Christ died for your sins and he is your savior, and repent of your old ways and your sins. Not most people get lost on the last one... How can I go my whole life without making a mistake or committing a sin? It's impossible! Unless... You have Jesus. With Jesus Christ all is possible.
I sit here, as I am typing this, a repenting sinner. Though I love God, Jesus and openly confess that I am a sinner, I still make mistakes. I still lie, I don't always honor my mother or father, and I am not sure how to completely honor the Sabbath Day (the 7th day, Saturday). In this day and age it is so much harder to be sin free because the world and Satan won't allow it. Let me explain...
- Often people will worship their mothers, fathers, false gods (Mary for example), their church pastors and preachers, and even their kids! Some people even worship their boss! Most people are not aware they are even doing this! Look up the meaning in your dictionary and evaluate your life.
- People often will think of God in their own means. By saying ALL people go to heaven and God would never send ANYONE to hell. This is an easy way of coming to peace when someone you love dies. Truth is, not everyone goes to heaven. The only ones who are safe from His judgment are young children and animals. Everyone else will face His judgment.
- People, even non-believers, use the God D*** or God D***** so often its scary.
- You shall have no other gods before me.
- You shall not make for yourself any carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.
- You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.
- Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall
labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the
Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your
daughter, nor your manservant, nor your maidservant, nor your cattle,
nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the
Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them,
and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day
and hallowed it.
- Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.
- You shall not murder.
- You shall not commit adultery.
- You shall not steal.
- You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
- You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s.”
More by this Author
Many believe the New King James Version is just a "clearer" more "updated" version of the 1611 King James Version with minimal changes... Not exactly true.
A short list of Holy Angels and what they do for us and God.
Headaches & migraines can take away from the quality of life. You don't have to put up with the pain or use pain killers to help reduce & even eliminate them! Here are some home remedies that work!