Ask DJ Lyons: Black Vulture Tale
If this Black Vulture could talk, what do you think it would say?
Here is one possible monologue that you might hear if you happened to converse with the Black Vulture that resides at Bays Mountain Park in Kingsport, Tennessee.
Nature's Notes: Tale of the Black Vulture
See me strut my stuff. I fold and unfold my wings. I glory in being able to spread my wings to their fullest extension.
Yes, I live in a nature preserve. True, I can no longer fly and soar in graceful glides over the land.
There is still joy to be had in what I am capable of doing.
So yes, you human, you may have had your wings clipped, so to speak, as you suffered a loss.
There are all kinds of losses some of you humans have had to face. In one way or another, many of you are held captive by the way you perceive your life.
* Perhaps, in your case, you lost both of your breasts due to breast cancer.
* Some of you may have lost a loved one.
* Some of you may be dealing with some dis-ease that transformed into a full-fledged disease.
* Some of you may actually be dealing with incarceration.
* Some of you may be dealing with some other situation that is causing you feelings of angst.
Nevertheless, stress not. Take a leaf out of my book.
I will be living out the rest of my life in this nature preserve. Yet, I do not let the limitations hold me back from reveling in what I can do.
* I can help educate the public about vultures.
* I can walk around and flap my wings.
* I can enjoy my food and my surroundings.
* I can do many, many other things as well.
The Moral is ...
Your job, you humans, is to celebrate and revel in your life. Practice the things you can do, striving to do these things to the best of your ability. Work on turning some of your current CAN'Ts into CANS.
Just like that children's tale my scribe used to dearly love when she was young, the story of "The Little Engine That Could," practice the thought forms of:
"I think I can.
I think I can.
I think I can."
Until one day, you can look back with joy and gratitude as you proudly state:
"I know I can.
I know I can.
I know I can."
So now, take your proud self, giving the credit to your true source - the good God - and happily and gratefully strut your stuff.
* Officially Licensed by Animal Planet
* Designed for safe, durable, pet play
* Strong plush fabric, double stitched with embroidered details and no small parts to swallow
* A portion of the sales of Animal Planet pet products will directly benefit R.O.A.R,
* ROAR is Animal Planet's project to help make the world a better place for animals, supporting The Humane Society, Petfinder.com, WWF, & other partners
* decorate your walls with this brand new poster
* ships quickly and safely in a sturdy protective tube
* high quality full color poster with white border
* measures 13.00 by 19.00 inches
* High Quality Professional Licensed Blacklight Prints!
* Measurements: 23" inches x 35" inches
* GREAT DEAL!
* 100% Satisfaction Guarantee!
* Ships out FAST!!!! You'll be amazed!
This gorgeous Egyptian Winged Vulture W/ Head Collectible Figurine Statue Sculpture has the finest details and highest quality you will find anywhere! Our team prides ourselves on finding the best prices without reducing quality, and in this Egyptian Collection, we have definitely done just that! The craftsmanship of this lovely Egyptian Winged Vulture W/ Head Collectible Figurine Statue Sculpture is truly remarkable.
Egyptian Winged Vulture W/ Head Collectible Figurine Statue Sculpture Details:
* Condition: Brand New
* Item SKU: SS-6201
* Dimensions: L: 4 x H: 2 (inches)
* Crafted with: Resin
* Makes a great Halloween decoration
* Measures roughly 10" high x 6 1/2" wide x 4 1/2" deep
"This hunching Halloween scavenger cranes his muscular neck and jagged beak to pounce on graveyard bones or unsuspecting trick-or-treaters! Proclaim your appreciation for the macabre with the fully hand-painted, designer resin bird of prey, chock-full of creepy charm."
VULTURE CROSSING SIGN. A BRAND NEW SIGN!! Made of thick (.040in.) aluminum and tough cast vinyl this sign is 12in. wide and 12in. tall. Made to last for years outdoors also makes a great display indoors. Comes with 2 holes pre-punched for easy installation, corners are rounded. Buyer to pay $7.00 shipping anywhere in the USA, others contact seller for exact shipping cost. Personal checks or money orders welcomed.
* Heirloom quality cookie cutter
* Made of 100 % copper
* Sturdy and intricate, this cutter is made to be used and made to last
* Hand made in India by Old River Road
* Hand wash with warm soapy water; dishwasher is not recommended
Other Notes from Nature
- Ask DJ Lyons: Tale of the Free Vulture
If you came across this particular vulture feasting on some road kill in the middle of the road in Mosheim, Tennessee, what do you think it would say? Vulture photo taken end of Feb 2011 Cartoon Vulture...
- Ask DJ Lyons: Cow's tale about her tail
Here is one possible monologue that you might hear if you happened to converse with one of the white cows who live practically next door. You may call me a white cow. My color matters not to me. It's just a...
- Ask DJ Lyons: If a Sunset could talk, what would it say?
They say a picture can say a thousand words. Dont worry. This hub will not be that long. As you gaze at this series of three pictures of a sunset taken in East Tennessee on the 16th of February 2011, what...
- Ask DJ Lyons: If these Aquarium Fish could talk, what would they say?
If Aquarium fish could talk, what would they say? Would they joke about the humans gawking at them. Would they enjoy watching the clothes that we humans like to adorn ourselves with? Would they be thinking...
- Ask DJ Lyons: Tale of the Buds from a Burning Bush
Here is one possible monologue that you might hear if you happened to converse with the buds growing on the Burning Bush right in front of our log cabin. Photo of Buds from Burning Bush in front of our log...
More by this Author
My husband and I unknowingly disturbed a Fire Ant nesting area. We ended up with Fire Ants crawling up our legs in masse.
Here is Grilled Steak all ready to eat. Side dishes include Roasted Potatoes and Steamed Broccoli. The top picture only has zero calorie buttery spray on the broccoli. That plate was for my husband. The bottom...
Are you suffering from thinning hair? Have you had a disease or condition that contributed to all of your hair falling out? Or have you gone through the type of chemo that made you start shedding hair? Finally, the...