YOU can do it, too!
I've had an unquenchable thirst for all things metaphysical since I was 12 years old, and I frequently raided my Mother's bookshelf for her books about reincarnation, Karma, numerology, and "life after death." When I was in my 20’s, a friend introduced me to Shirley Maclaine's "Out on a Limb" and that was it, I was off on my own personal search for the truth!
In 1989, my dear friend, Sunna Rasch, and I decided to take a course of study in psychic development from Cyndi, a well-known psychic at the time in Monticello, New York. There were about 15 people in our class, and every week Cyndi gave a workshop and demonstration about different “New Age” topics like seeing auras, contacting your guides, and past life regression. It was during one of those classes that I first began to channel through automatic writing. About 6 weeks into the class, the topic for the evening was “automatic writing,” and that night my life, as they say, changed forever! I picked up my pen, held it over the paper, looked around the room and confidently proclaimed, “This isnotgoing to happen!”
Suddenly I felt something (or someone!) firmly grip my hand and arm. Before I knew what was happening, the pen was going around and around in a circular motion on the paper! Everyone in the class was watching me and I was watching my hand—because it wasn’t like it was it was attached to me; it was like it had a “mind” of its own
Cyndi rushed over and directed me to “take control.” Take control!? How? Take control of what? I continued to draw circles on the paper, until, after a couple of minutes went by (it seemed like an hour at the time), I felt my arm relax and my hand and the pen stopped moving. No words were written on the paper that first night, just a lot of circles and scribbles, but the channel was opened. I was so surprised and excited!
Cyndi explained to the class that automatic writing is a way for us to communicate with our guides and with our higher selves. She shared with us that we are all born with at least two guides who stay with us throughout our lives, and that others come to be with us when we need them. She told us that our “higher self” is the part of us that is connected to the Universal Consciousness, and is the part of us that is aware of why we are here, and what we need to accomplish in this lifetime.
Cyndi was very emphatic that we must always say a prayer of protection before starting an automatic writing session, or any channeling session, to keep lower level entities from attaching themselves to us. Like attracts like, and for the most part, only spirits of the highest intentions will come through, but for those occasions when others might try, you want to be sure you are protected from unwanted attention [I’ve included Cyndi’s prayer of protection at the end of this article]. Cyndi taught us that it’s best to do automatic writing at the same time every day; and my meditation teacher said that it was best to meditate at the same each day.
After that night at Cyndi’s when my hand first starting moving around on the paper, I had no trouble at all making the connection again; in fact, I drew hundreds of circles! After about a month of that, even though I was happy to make the connection, I quickly became bored and frustrated. I wanted words! I wanted wisdom! Finally, I called Cyndi for advice. She told me to ask who was trying to come through, and then to ask that entity to give me a message. I did so and almost immediately, the name “Jeremy” was written on the paper. Jeremy is one of the two main guides watching over me during this lifetime.
And so I began happily writing with Jeremy every day. As time went on, other guides and entities started “dropping in” to write with me for short periods of time, including Olexoporath, Selena, and Charles. Jeremy led the Guide Group that channeled information for my book, “Windows of Opportunity,” and these days I’m “writing” with Gilbert and the Guide Group, and working on my second book, Raising your Vibrations for the New Age.”
It’s very important to understand that there is absolutely nothing special about me and the fact that I channel my guides through automatic writing. You can do it, too, if you want to. It just takes practice and patience to make the connection. Here is the procedure I follow when I do automatic writing . . .
· Choose a time of day when you can sit undisturbed for at least 15 minutes.
· Sit comfortably with a pad of paper on the table in front of you and hold a pen or pencil loosely in your hand with the tip of your writing instrument touching the paper. You can use a computer keyboard instead of pad and paper.
· Say a prayer of protection; for example: “I am protected by the love of God, only those entities of the highest intentions can pass through my door. If others should try, my door will immediately close, effectively blocking them out. This is my prayer of protection. Amen.”
· Write on the top of the paper, “Will someone write with me?”
· Clear your mind and wait. If it helps you to burn incense or candles, go right ahead. Don’t forget to blow them out when you’re finished.
· If nothing happens within the first five minutes, end the session, it won’t be happening that day.
Your first connection:
· When you first connect, it will feel like someone is grasping your hand and or your arm. Just relax—let it happen.
· You will most likely experience circles, figure 8’s, and back and forth movements with your pen or pencil.
· Ask the entity for his or her name and ask the entity what his or her relationship is to you. Don’t go any further until you start to write words and you know who you’re writing with.
· Next, ask the entity for a message; i.e., “Do you have something to share with me?” Write this down on the paper and wait for a response. As you get information, you can ask questions about what you’re receiving—just write them down and wait for the response.
· When you and/or your guide(s) are finished, you’ll feel the pen (or your hands if you’re typing) relax. Be sure to thank your guide(s) for working with you. After I say “thank you,” or when my guides are finished, they generally write, “Go in Peace” to signify the end of a session. You’ll establish a similar type of routine with your guide(s).
Always do your automatic writing at the same time each day. Just because an entity doesn’t happen to be in a body, doesn’t mean that he or she doesn’t have things to do! Be respectful of your guide(s) time. If you can’t make a session, tell your guide(s) you aren’t coming that day. You can use paper and pen or your computer keyboard; ALWAYS say a prayer of protection before each session.
And there you go! Soon you’ll be writing with your guides and I’ll be reading your articles!
Sherri Cortland is the author of Windows of Opportunity and Raising Our Vibrations for the New Age. For more about automatic writing and her books, please visit www.SherriCortland.com or www.Ozarkmt.com. Sherri’s books are also available at Amazon.com, Barnes&Noble.com, and Barnes & Noble stores.
Comments 28 comments
- Ozark Mountain Publishing, Inc....Metaphysical Book Publisher
Ozark Mountain Publishing, Inc. publishes non-fiction metaphysical books.
More by this Author
One of the most important lessons I’ve learned from my Guide Group is that accidents are anything but accidental. They are actually pre-planned events that we personally choose to take part in during our present...