Chosen But Mistaken
I notice there seems to be a large controversy over the statement of the Jews being God's chosen people. The fact is: they are!
My Bible tells me so and that is how it is.
Does this mean that Hebrew teachings and ways are right? Absolutely not! For one, many Jews don't believe that Jesus is the Messiah. These were the same people that when Moses told them to be patient while He went to talk with God, they formed a golden calf to worship.
It is our duty to defend the Israeli people because God DID make the promise to them. Does that mean we should condone the senseless killing of Palestinians? No to that also.
It is only right that we pray that all these people are brought to peace.
Yes, the Jewish people are entitled to the land they occupy. We must help both sides seek a peaceful conclusion.
There are battles between Orthodox Jews and Messianic Jews. Jesus Christ himself explained to the leaders of the Jewish people how they have added to the Holy Word by following the Talmud.
The purpose of this hub is to point out verses in the Talmud that are in conflict with the Bible. I have faith that God will cleanse the Jewish people of these misguided thoughts and beliefs and they will recognize Jesus as the Messiah.
Here are some of the deceptions and misguided ideas and laws of the Talmud:
- Moed Kattan 17a: If a Jew is tempted to do evil he should go to a city where he is not known and do the evil there.
Sanhedrin 57a . A Jew need not pay a gentile ("Cuthean") the wages owed him for work.
- Baba Mezia 24a . If a Jew finds an object lost by a gentile ("heathen") it does not have to be returned. (Affirmed also in Baba Kamma 113b). Sanhedrin 76a. God will not spare a Jew who "marries his daughter to an old man or takes a wife for his infant son or returns a lost article to a Cuthean..."
- Baba Kamma 113a. Jews may use lies ("subterfuges") to circumvent a Gentile.
- Yebamoth 63a. States that Adam had sexual intercourse with all the animals in the Garden of Eden.
Many of these teachings lead Orthodox Jews to be radicals and to not follow God's plan for our lives. It is really no different than Arab extremists. The Bible clearly goes against these Talmud teachings. Let's go in order and see:
- 1 Peter 3:9 says: Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but on the contrary blessing; knowing that you are unto this called, that you should inherit a blessing.
- 1 Timothy 5:18 says: For the scripture says, You shall not muzzle the ox that treads out the grain. And, The laborer is worthy of his reward.
- Leviticus 6:4 says: Then it shall be, because he has sinned, and is guilty, that he shall restore that which he took violently away, or the thing which he has deceitfully gotten, or that which was delivered him to keep, or the lost thing which he found,
- Psalm 101:7 says: He that works deceit shall not dwell within my house: he that tells lies shall not tarry in my sight.
- All I can say to the last one is: where in all the Bible does it say this? Adam sinned before God, but had sex with all the creatures??? Is this an excuse to give them the right to have sex with whatever they choose?
C'mon all; this is NOT what God wants. Jesus came to show us truth and how to walk a sinless life. The Talmud will not lead you down the right path nor will the Qur'an. These books that claim they are Holy are not; they are deceptive and create confusion, doubt and disorder.
God has a plan and the Jewish people are front and center. They are chosen and God will cleanse them.
He will cleanse them with the blood of Jesus.
When they start to awaken to what Jesus did for them and ask Him into their hearts--Oh Glory be!!!
If you are Jewish, please don't be offended, but the Talmud is deceptive. Open the Holy Bible and find the truth there. Jesus Christ is that Truth. Praise His Holy Name.
Now there are those who think that the Orthodox Jews have a deliberate plan to control the whole world. They think that everything going on in the world is directly caused from them. C'mon, Satan is the father of lies and deceit. By buying into that form of thought, you are feeding it.
The Jewish people are favored by God, don't be jealous because that is so. We all can have our rightful place worshiping His Majesty.
Let's stop the bickering over who has it right, because none of us have it right. Seek Jesus because He was the only one who had it right.
Jesus came for all; not just one group but all. Heaven doesn't have limits in space; all men, women and children can fit within.
The choice is very simple: Heaven or Hell. There is no other choice plain and simple.
To all Jewish people: Jesus did come! Jesus is the Messiah! Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world. Don't deny it any longer. Put down your Talmud and pick up the Holy Bible. Seek the true God; the Trinity: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. When you, the Jewish people see and do, He will come back with a mighty wind and will bring Truth, Righteousness and Justice to a sinful world.
THE TIME IS NOW! LET JESUS REIGN!
© G.L. Boudonck
© 2012 Greg Boudonck
More by this Author
We can learn from the Indians. Their wisdom could help us in many ways.
Children are our future and there are freaks killing them. Lets catch these evil beings and send them all to hell.
This hub describes the different political parties and their views. Written before the last Presidential election, it still gives people insight. Updated now for the most current Presidential election