Christians Learn Who You Really Are in Christ?
Sleeping Giant Awaken!
The other day I got angry in response to a question which dealt with inferiority. A particular man wrote about his having to deal with feeling inferior for the majority of his life. He wrote that he was finally fed up with it and it was now time to make a change. He invited people to give their opinion of the next step he should take on his new journey toward freedom.
After giving my opinion, I took some time and thought about his situation. I could only image the trauma and torment he had gone through all those years; feeling as though he was less than anyone else, never feeling good enough, always comparing himself with others and never being able to know the satisfaction which comes from being confident in the face of life’s challenges. My heart went out to him, because I know the feeling of inferiority is a stronghold in the soul and it is definitely not the will of God for his life.
God and the Devil Are Not Partners
Contrary to the popular belief of some, God and the devil are not working together to help develop us. God tells us clearly the difference between the devil’s plan and His plan for our lives.
“The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have [it] more abundantly.” John 10:10
A lifetime of feeling inferior is not “life more abundantly”. Anything that is destroying you is from the devil. A feeling of inferiority is contrary to everything in the Word of God. He made all of mankind in His image and likeness which is not inferior to anything. Once again, whether you are born-again or not, inferiority is not a part of God’s plan for your life!
Feelings of inferiority and its opposite superiority are the root causes of some major historical travesties of justice. United States Slavery, Nazi Germany, African Genocide, and Ireland’s Catholic/Protestant wars, were all formed in the belly of these feelings.
Rightly Divide The Word of Truth
Some may say that it is not good to be over-confident and too self-assured. That we must see ourselves in the proper light, there must always be a balance. In fact the scripture warns us to maintain a balance.
“For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think [of himself] more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith. Romans 12:3 .
Well, you are absolutely right, there must always be a balance and, this scripture encourages us to think realistically about ourselves. Not to puff ourselves up or to put ourselves down. However, inferiority is not a part of realistic thinking; it is not a part of sober thinking.Feelingsof inferiority are not feelings that have to do with physical or mental ability. They are feelings that directly affect the soul. They diminish self-worth. And, when your self-worth is diminished, you can only think lowly of yourself; you accept anything, you fight for nothing. You become prey for the enemy.
Take Now Your Authority!
Now, I don't want to sound like I'm fussing or condescending, but it is total aggravation to my soul to hear of so many believers going through some of the stuff they are going through. Some stuff that we go through is a by-product of our direct actions, other stuff that we go through is a result of the training God has outlined which is designed to take us to our destiny, but some of the stuff we go through is straight from the pit of Hell! And, we don't have to put up with it!
"Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you." Luke 10:19
We have to learn who we are so we can renew our mind and be the force that we are meant to be in the earth. Jesus left us with a mandate to lift Him up and to show His works in the earth. When we are bound with trouble or being attacked from the devil, we cannot fulfill our mandate. God wants everyone to be saved. God has declared that He loves us and He wants us to walk in the victory that Jesus’ shed blood and redemptive resurrection purchased for us. But, we can never live up to our heritage in Christ if we don’t know what who we are in Christ.
- Nine Types of Prayer
(All scripture is from the King James version of the Holy Bible) Prayer is not a complicated thing to do. Nor is it a complicated thing to understand. The simple definition or prayer is,
- The Wonderful Name of Jesus!
Believers love the name of Jesus. And rightfully so because it is through this name, souls are saved, deliverance is gained and bodies are made whole. This name brings quiet to the storm, light into darkness...
- The Names of God Describe Who He Is
Does your name describe you? Do you have a common name or do you have one of those names that was invented by your well meaning mother? You know, a name that is a combination of the name of the street your...
- Against Such There Is No Law...
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith meekness, temperance against such there is no law." (Galatians 5:22-23).
- Just What About The Holy Ghost?
(all scripture references are from the King James Version of the Holy Bible unless otherwise indicated) Jesus said,
- Holy Spirit - The Gifts of the Spirit
When you ask Jesus to come into your heart, you receive a measure of the Holy Spirit. Just as it was the Holy Spirit who raised Jesus from the dead, so it is the Holy Spirit who causes one to be...
Just a few things that WE ARE
1. We are workers together with Christ -We then, [as] workers together [with him ], beseech [you] also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain. 2 Corinthians 6:1
2. We are forgiven all trespasses -. And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him , having forgiven you all trespasses; Colosians.2:13
3. We are seated with Christ in heavenly places - And hath raised [us] up together, and made [us] sit together in heavenly [places] in Christ Jesus: Ephesians 2:6
4. We are confident in the God - For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh. Philippians 3:3
5. We are comforted by God - Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God. 2 Corinthians 1:4
6. We are of the light -Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. 1 Thessalonians 5:5
7. We are fearless - But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul. Hebrews 10:39
8. We are justified in Christ - Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Romans 3:22
9. We are not condemned - [There is] therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. Romans 8:1
10. We are free from the law of sin and death - For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. Romans 8:2
11. We always triumphant in Christ - Now thanks [be] unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ , and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place 2 Corinthians 2:14
12. We are a new creation in Christ -Therefore if any man [be] in Christ , [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 2 Corinthians 5:7
13. We are blessed with all spiritual blessings - Blessed [be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ , who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly [places] in Christ :Ephesians 1:1
14. We are His workmanship - For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:10
15. We are made close to God through the blood of Christ - But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ . Ephesians 2:13
16. We are encouraged to fight – Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses. 1 Timothy 6:12
17. We are more than conquerors - Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. Romans 8:37
Search the Scriptures
It is good to have someone tell you who you are and what your inheritance is in Christ, it is better to find out for yourself. When the enemy comes in and bombards your mind, you can't always find a book or a quote. Sometimes it is just you alone and, this is a literal war which means, we will be hit and we will make mistakes.
But, if the Word is rich in our mouths, and hidden in our hearts, we will fight a good fight and see the victory that is already ours.
We are not a secretive society and we are not volunteers. We are the body of Christ a mighty army, a sleeping giant who is awakening. When we understand who we are individually in Christ, we will walk in the power and confidence God intended. The love of God will flow freely and draw multitudes to Christ. We will defeat the enemy and accomplish our mission on earth.
More by this Author
Is your anger based on truth or is based on your misconception of reality... Take a look and get set free.
Understand what it means to commit yourself to God. This hub describes the Prayer of Commitment.
Prayer is the most important activity in a Christians life. The Bible shows us nine different types of prayers and the rules that govern them.