Contradictions in the bible
Just a list, do with it what you will....
- The last thing that Jesus said. There are three, count them three different versions that arent even remotely like one another. If the bible was inspired by god, then why are three different men writing three different versions of Christs last words? Matthew Luke and John all write his last words differently.
- In the book of luke, we are given two entirely different geneologies for Jesus. One goes back to Abraham, and one goes back to Adam.
- The bible speaks on how no man can see god and live, yet the bible also says god spoke to moses face to face like 2 friends.
- The bible says that animals were created before man, and than man was created before the animals. WTF?
- Aparently Adam was supposed to die the day he ate the fruit of the tre of knowledge of good and evil, but the bible says he lived over 900 years.
- Genesis says that Noah entered the ark, after it already said that he entered the ark.
- The bible says that Abraham had two sons, and then it says he had one.
- Aparently Abraham and his half sister got together and recieved god's blessings on it. But The bible also says incest is wrong.
- God forbids the making of ANY graven images. Then at a later time, god delights in 2 graven images. ?? Are you getting the picture? Men wrote these things down, and man is flawed.
- We all know that god forbids adultry, but then he tells Hosea to take a "wife of harlotry"
- Aparently David killed Goliath 2wice. Once with a slingshot, once with a sword.
You know what I dont understand??
I dont understand how you can take the bible word for word when it contradicts itself hundreads of times. I mean, its even down to what they gave jesus to drink at the end. Was it wine with myrh? or was it vinigar? I guess we will never know because the people who put all of these stories together didn't proof read i guess.
I mean, christians have seriously told me that if the bible says something that that means it is absolutely true. How can that be when more often than not in the bible there were two totally different stories for each scenario.
Like, you might want to take a look at some of the reasons why people like me have such a problem following something that isnt even true to itself. Its almost like a lie to say one thing and then in a matter of three scriptures say something totally different. I am finding out more and more that the bible is really just a book of stories, and im amazed at the impact it has had on people. Im starting to feel as though it is more of a question of loyalty than of belief.
I recently found out that Adam had a woman before Eve. Did you know that? That First it was a woman named Lilith who refused to lie under Adam because she was made as his equal? I know that its just a made up story, but still, there are facts there that some people will go their whole life without knowing. Why? Well, someone said that it was because most people are ignorant, and that the truth about Lilith is hidden from them because they wont be able to "understand it." Really? How do you feel about that? Not being told part of a truth because your to stupid to understand it. And aparently this Lilith is imortal, so shes still around somewhere. Yea.
I would really like to know what you have to say about all of this. What are your opinions? I mean, I want to hear from everyone. Because Comming onto hubpages as ive said a zillion times I really didnt know what my main belief was. But im definately weeding out what my beliefs arent. And I have to tell you, it makes me very sorrowful that beautiful heaven is probably not there, and if it is, It has nothing to do with anything the bible tells us.
Every culture has its stories and beliefs. I mean, you dont find it funny that a bunch of people founded this country with the beliefe of their native country being in god, and that that is our main religeon in the united states? We have come to believe these things because we have been conditioned to believe them. They are in our face everyday, I mean even our currency says "in god we trust."
it is absolutely amazing to me the impact one book can have on so many. The thing is, I do not believe it is because this book is true. I believe that it is because As humans we ache and long for a reason. I do understand why people follow things, and put belief in things because it makes us feel that there is a reason, or that there is someone who is there when no one else is.
We need to believe more in ourselves. We need to stop asking for devine intervention when we have not exahausted all of our options. We need to realize that we are the ones with the power over our own lives, and that our potential will always be greater than our result.
Please think about what your life would be like if you truely put more faith in yourself than you did is something that you have no way of knowing is true.
More by this Author
Poetry by the pink umbrella. Enjoy!
"one day ill walk away and say, you disappoint me... your better off this way..."
this guy doesn't even come close... Okay, I'll Start with Switch, because I just mentioned him in the comment box of my last hub. This guy was wierd. I was working at a place called...lets just call it cinerjerks....