Who Are the Real Descendants (Sons & Daughters) of Holy Prophet Hazrat Muhammad or Muhammed (Peace be Upon Him)?
Decedents of Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon Him)
Spiritually speaking, all who have faith on the prophet-hood of Prophet Muhammd (peace be upon him) are the decedents of holy Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). According to one of the Hadith, the real decedents of holy Prophet (peace be upon him) are the Ullemas (religious scholars of Islam). However, physically speaking, the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) had four daughters and three sons. His race continued from his youngest and beloved daughter Hazrat Fatima, who was married with Hazrat Ali, and they had two sons namely Hazrat Hassan and Hussain. Hazrat Hassan was the elder grandson of Holy Prophet (peace be upon him). It was the armies of Yazid which fought with Hazrat Hussain in the field of Karbala where most of the decedents of Prophet Muhammad were martyred. From males, only Hazrat Zain ul Abideen survived and from him the clan of Prophet Muhammad continued and prospered.
In fact, in today’s world, the decedents of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) do exist in vast numbers and the decedents of enemies of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) like Abu Jehal, Umaya Bin Khalaf, and Yazid have since perished.
The most of the Wali Allah’s (friends of God) are the decedents of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) like Ghause Azam, Hazrat Ali Hajvery almaroof Data Sahib, Hazrat Moeen uddin Chisti, and Hazrat Khawaja Gareeb Nawaz.
Muslims pray in every Nimaz (prayers) for the blessings on the decedents of Prophet of Muhammad (peace be upon him) just like the decedents of Prophet Ibrahim were blessed by the Almighty. All know that they were given the status of prophet-hood and great position in the sight of God. However, there is no prophet after Hazrat Muhammad (peace be upon him), therefore, the decedents of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) have been blessed by the Almighty with great positions in the religion of Islam. All Muslims have great respect for the decedents of Holy Prophet (peace be upon him). The decedents of Ibrahim were great in numbers, hence the decedents of Holy Prophet (peace be upon him) are also prospering in number. It is obligatory for the Muslims to show respect and honour to the decedents of Holy Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).
The names of children of Prophet:
Sons of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him):
1. Hazrat Al-Qasim. Hazrat Qasim’s mother was Hazrat Khatija, the first wife of the Holy Prophet.
2. Hazrat Abdullah (Tayyab, Tahir). He was also born from Hazrat Khatija.
3. Hazrat Ibrahim was the third son of Prophet Muhammad, who was born from Hazrat Maria. Hazrat Maria was gifted by the Ruler of Sikandria to the Holy Prophet to whom the Holy Prophet got married.
All the three sons died in their childhood. Hazrat Qasim and Hazrat Abdullah are buried in Jannat ul Moalla, Mecca, whereas Hazrat Ibrahim rests in peace at Jannat ul Baki, Madina tul Munawarah.
Daughters of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him):
1. Hazrat Zainab was eldest of the daughters of the Holy Prophet (PBUH). She married with Abual Bin Aas Bin Rabbi.
2. Hazrat Ruqayah was married with Hazrat Usman bin Affan. However, she died in the life of Holy Prophet (peace be upon him).
3. Hazrat Umme Kalsoom was the third daughter of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) who was married with Hazrat Usman bin Affan after the death of Hazrat Ruqayah. Hazrat Usman has the honour of marrying two daughters of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and that is why he is known as Zunnoorain (a man with two noors [lights]).
4. Hazrat Fatima was the youngest and most beloved daughter of the Holy Prophet (peace be upon Him). As mentioned earlier, it was Hazrat Fatima from whom the clan of Holy Prophet (peace be upon him) continued and all the decedents of Holy Prophet (peace be upon him) are from Hazrat Fatima.
It is worth mentioning that after the death of three sons, the Infidels of Mecca said to the Holy Prophet (peace be upon him) that there will be no decedent of him to continue his clan. On this, the Surah Kausar was revealed. As promised in this Surah, the decedents of Holy Prophet (peace be upon him) are prospering whereas there is no follower of the enemies of the Holy Prophet (peace be upon him).
More by this Author
Learn about what happened after Karbala and the fates of Yazid bin Muawiyah, Saad, Omar, and Shimar.
What the Quran says about death:- The one of the beforehand challenges faced by Islam was misconception about death in the anncient Arabs. Briefly speaking, infedals beieved that there was not life after death. So...
- 223How to Submit/eFile Income Tax Return and Wealth Statement Online With FBR for Tax Years 2014, 2015 & 2016
A complete guide to submitting/e-filing income tax returns and wealth statements for tax years 2014, 2015 & 2016 via FBR's IRIS system. How to get NTN before submitting returns.