Do You Judge Those Who Are Less Fortunate Than You?
Do You Judge Those Who Are Less Fortunate Than You?
In our society, there are people who judge others by what those people may have attained or not attained in their lives. I was always raised not to pass judgement on the next person, as long as it did not endanger me or infringe on the things that I value in my life.
I have seen so many people in my travels in this world, who struggle just to survive. There are people who live in the United States, and even the world, who cannot afford to feed themselves, cloth or shelter themselves in our society. Granted, some people are just lazy, and he or she will not take initiative to do what needs to be done in their life for them to sustain themselves.
Our society will ALWAYS have people, who will examine other people and believe that they are better than the next person they are standing next to in our society today. Some people believe, that the color of their skin, or their financial statue gives them the right to think or do whatever he or she does in the world.
I'll give you an example of how people think about those who are less fortunate, Since this society has been in recession, a lot of families were given assistance to keep from losing their homes.
Yet, you have their very same neighbors questioning, why would those people be given or rewarded with assistance to save their homes, since those other neighbors were able to make their payments on time, and not have to depend on financial assistance from taxpayers and the government.
Did those neighbors who did not need financial assistance with their mortgage, ever take the time to recognize, that, their families could have been in the same predicament?
What if their families, would have lost a job, lost their wealth, or by something disastrous occurring in their family infrastructure, causing those neighbors to seek the same financial assistance from the government?
I often believe that our society is very, very selfish, and that some people cannot see beyond the tip of their own noses, not recognizing, that there are people who through no fault of their own, need assistance.
I read some startling stats about how many people in world, go to bed hungry, and it saddens me, to think that there are people here in the U.S., or even in the world that go to bed hungry. Yet, there are people and places that serve or sell food, that waste that food on a daily basis.
Whenever a homeless person approaches me, informing me, that he or she is hungry. I make it a priority to feed them, even if it means taking out time while I'm trying to eat, to buy him or her a meal as well.
If you are judging others in society, learn how to look within yourself, and refrain from judging others through your walk in life. If things would have went a little differently for some of those who are looking down on the less fortunate, those individuals would be possibly, in the same predicament .
Learn how to be humble and caring to the less fortunante
Here's some advice: on how not to judge those who are less fortunante
* Do NOT judge the homeless - Some maybe mentally unstable and some maybe alone and those homeless people may not want to be subjected to the rigors of society
* Do NOT judge people based on how much money you have, and by how much you think another person does not have in their life.
* Do NOT judge those who are poor - give to shelters and churches your clothing, money, etc to help those less fortunate
* Do NOT judge people by the color of their skin, or stereo-type people in our society. Refer to my hub page, " How Not To Stereo-type people in our society."
* Do NOT judge people based on their level of education
* Do NOT judge those who seek financial assistance, whether it is to assist with paying their mortgage, or to provide their families with food stamps, or health care
* Do NOT judge people based on how he or she may sound, when they talk or just because he or she may not speak your native language
* Do NOT judge those who are hungry, make it your responsibility when the opportunity arises, for you to feed those, who are less fortunate.
* Do NOT judge the elderly or the senior citizens in our society, just because they are older
Last but not least - Do not judge anybody, because you have not lived or walked in those people shoes
My grandmother often said, " if you cannot find anything positive or constructive to say about people or a situation, keep the comments to yourself."
I always believe that those who judge others and provide nothing to the equation, but judgmental words and no action, are not too far from being in the same predicament than those people who they are judging in our society.
Learn to be a blessing to others who are less fortunate
Learn not to judge others who are less fortunate than you, or look down on those who are less fortunate, and if you have the means to help people who are less fortunate, Just DO IT!
More by this Author
In today's society people are going to have babies. Frankly, I believe that a woman should have an abortion, ONLY where she was raped, or the pregnancy threatens the mothers life, or the baby is deformed or the baby...
The cell phone has virtually replaced the home phone. You see people out in public using their cell phones everywhere. Cell phones have almost become that indispensable item that we can not live without in our society...
There was a book I once read when I worked for a huge corporation; it was entitled, “Thriving on Chaos.” Basically, it was a book about the nonsense or political games that people and management played in...