Facts About Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)
Today when the world is going through war time, many terrorist activities are targeting young and adults in different parts of the world. in most of these activities unfortunately Muslims are caught up as suicide bombers or terrorists in short. My aim behind writing this hub is to just give the most accurate and original information regarding our most beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).
- Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h) was born in Mecca. The year was 570 A.D. Shortly after his birth his mother died, his father was already dead before his birth. So he became orphan. During this time his uncle Aboo Talib and his grand father Abdul-mutlib took care of him.
- At the age of nine he started going on trade trips along with his uncle. He met with people of different nations and religions during those trips. in one of his trip he met a Christian scholar. The scholar said to his uncle that he will one day do something great and I can see it because all the trees, mountains and sea are in the bow in front of him.
- When he got 25, he got proposal from Khadija for marriage which he accepted and thus they got married. Khadija was one of the richest woman in the Mecca and Prophet Muhammad did trade for her. Khadija was actually inspired by the virtues, honesty, truthfulness and faithfulness of the Prophet. Khadija was 40 years of age at the time of marriage and Prophet Muhammad was just 25.
- They had sons but they died in their childhood.
- As people of Mecca at that time were involved in many sinful activities, like they killed their daughters, did drinking, rape, and killing of innocent people, Prophet Muhammad did not admired those activities at all and to have solitude and peace he went to cave Hira.
- Once when he was in the cave Hira he saw Angel Gabriel there. The angel said to him "read in the name of Allah", Prophet Muhammad replied that I can neither read nor write I am an illiterate. The angel touched his bosom and said again the same. He read it this time. The angel said that God has chosen you for the prophet-hood.
- Prophet Muhammad came back home and told Khadija about the incidence of cave Hira. He said to her that either I am a Prophet or else I am gone mad. Khadija soothed him and said not to worry and she believed on him and got converted to Islam.
- After this Angel Gabriel came again with revelations and thus he started preaching Islam to people. In the start only few people got converted. Most of them were either very young, women or else slaves.
- Pagans and Non-Muslims did harm to Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h) and other Muslims by different means but Prophet Muhammad had patience and perseverance. He kept determined to his mission and never get back because of the dangers in the way. When enemies tried to kill Prophet, Allah ordered Muhammad to travel to a new place and thus Muhammad (p.b.u.h) along with other Muslims traveled to Medina. He was welcomed there because they got inspired by the equality, justice and honesty of Muslims. Many of them converted to Islam and then the first Mosque was built there.
- After that Muslims had several battles with the people of Mecca. In 632 A.D. Muslims successfully defeated the non-Muslims of Mecca and till then most of the Arab was converted to Islam. Those who fought with the Muslims if remain alive were never made captives or slaves. After 23 years of Prophet-hood Muhammad (p.b.u.h) died and after his death Islam spread to other places too because of the efforts of his Caliphs. The revelations of Allah on Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h) were compiled in Quran after his death.
More by this Author
Food additives are added to food to preserve them, to improve taste or to impart color and appearance. Some form of food additives are in use from time immemorial. Sometimes the use of additives can not be ignored...
This image may make you vomit but this is a relaity Though importance of fashion can not be neglected in todays society it has certain drawbacks too. Moral Values: Fashion does not preach ethics. Every new fashion...
Garment Manufacturing Garment manufacturers are primarily engaged in the design, cutting and sewing of garments from fabric. Some manufacturers are contractors or subcontractors, which generally manufacture apparel...