Feng Shui Wind Chimes For Better Living
Feng Shui for a better living
Feng Shui, which literally means wind and water, is an ancient Chinese practice of placing objects to maximize the flow of chi or energy. This directly affects a person’s well-being.
The positive flow of energy can enhance one’s health and happiness. Conversely, negative chi , which is either too fast or slow-moving has an adverse impact. Hence, it is useful to learn how to direct energy to maximize its effect on one’s well-being.
To this end, wind chimes are instrumental in optimizing the flow of energy. The melodic sound of wind chimes creates a positive flow of chi. It also reduces negative energy by obscuring unpleasant sounds from the surroundings.
Hollow Metal Rod Feng Shui Wind Chimes
How to Use Wind Chimes
You can place wind chimes according to feng shui rules so as to create a sense of balance in your environment. Here are some useful pointers on where you can place them:
· Place wind chimes in a dark corner of the room to channel more positive energy and life to that area.
· Wind chimes are useful for livening up north-facing entrances, which tend to be quiet and dull. Using metal wind chimes in such areas can channel more energy into the house.
· North-facing windows usually receive little light, hence resulting in dark, somber interiors. Placing metal wind chimes in the north, west and northwest areas can help to bring more life to the room.
· To enhance your popularity, hang wind chimes with two rods or nine rods in the southwest corner of the living room. This will move energy around in the room and, in the process, make you more appealing to people.
· If your aim is to attract mentors or influential friends, hanging hollow metal wind chimes will help you fulfil your wish.
· The west area in the house is associated with children. Whether you wish to enhance family harmony, have more children, or improve your children’s behavior and academic results, hanging hollow metal wind chimes in the west area can help you achieve your aim.Wind chimes are very useful for overcoming stagnant chi. For example, if your front entrance is blocked by another building, the energy in your house becomes sluggish. You and the other occupants may find that your lives are stuck in a rut. To overcome this, use wind chimes at the entrance to usher in greater energy and life into the house.
Buy Fengshui Windchimes
Choosing the Right Wind Chimes
Wind chimes come in various sizes and materials so it is important to choose one that is most suitable for your designated space.
First, the size of the chimes should be appropriate for its intended space. For indoor areas, very large chimes should be avoided. Conversely, small chimes might not be impactful enough for outdoor areas.
In terms of sound quality, metal chimes are usually the most ideal as they produce penetrating sounds, which work well in channeling positive energy.
You can also consider wood and pottery chimes, which are very useful for solving particular problems. For example, pottery chimes are effective in alleviating excessive energy in certain corners.
The intended area’s characteristic is also an important factor. For example, the east and southeast areas are associated with the element of wood. Hence, wood chimes are most suitable for these areas.
Wind chimes vary in the number of rods. It is best to choose one with either five, six or eight rods. Wind chimes with six or eight rods are effective for attracting good luck. Those with five rods are useful for warding off bad luck.
What to Avoid
Although wind chimes have various benefits, do not hang them above places for sleeping, eating, and sitting. This is to prevent head injuries or other accidents.
You should not place wind chimes in your work environment. Not only is it not professional, it also creates a distraction to work.
Also, do not hang metal wind chimes in the east and southeast corners, which are the wood areas. Otherwise, this creates negative energy as metal destroys wood.
More by this Author
Johnny Depp is one of those famous celebrities who are true tattoo aficionados. This Hollywood star is much loved around the world for his role in the 'Pirates of the Carribean' movies. Find All the tattoos of Johnny...
In Ayurvedic philosophy, the five elements namely air, earth, ether, fire and water combine in pairs to form three dynamic forces or interactions called 'doshas'. Dosha literally means "that which changes."...
Julian Beever is an English chalk artist who has been creating chalk drawings on pavement since the mid-1990s that create the illusion of three dimensions when viewed from the right location. These trompe-l'oeil...