12 Great Short Prayers: A Collection for Busy Prayerful People
Prayers for Busy Modern Lives
1. Lord, help me keep my big mouth shut today. (Graffito in the subway, Boston, Mass.)
2. Deliver me from myself. (Leon Lacey)
3. Give me strength.
4. Lord, I believe; help my unbelief. (Mark 9:24)
5. Dear God, thank You for not giving me what I used to pray for.
6. God bless everybody; no exceptions. (Bumper sticker)
7. God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. (Psalm 73:2)
8. Thank You for the birds that sing. Thank You, God, for everything. (Edith Rutter-Leatham)
9. Have mercy on me, O Lord. (Psalm 6:1)
10. Thank You for this uneventful day.
11. Lord, protect me from the consequences of my prayers. (Douglas Adams)
12. God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -Reinhold Niebuhr
More by this Author
Do you love a Pisces? They are sweet and smart and saintly, and have no dark side. So they say. Watch for the greedy gleam in their eyes. By Sylvia Sky of Horoscope Review.
Meeting the challenge of sincerely praying for people who have hurt you so badly you are tempted to hate. By Sylvia Sky.
Sun-sign Librans like Mahatma Gandhi believe in love and peace and justice. At home, though, they can be the zodiac's worst nags, liars and slackers. Read on to discover the dark side of Libras.