Free Money Spell: How to Make a Money-Making Charm Bag
Money Spell Charm Bag
Free Money Spell
Ah, money spells. Perhaps next to love spells they are the most sought-after spells on the internet. They’re also among the most frustrating of spells. People cast a money spell and expect a lump of cash to fall from the sky. They think they’re going to get some big break, like a lawyer showing up to tell them some long lost uncle died leaving them a fortune, or they think they’re going to win the lottery.
It’s not that money spells don’t work—it’s just that most people go about it the wrong way.
The best money spells don’t involve big windfalls out of nowhere. The best money spells involve increasing your earning potential. This is because magic requires a channel—if you’re casting money spells without there being a direct channel, you’re just throwing energy out there like confetti where it will weaken and scatter.
Here’s a money spell to help give a boost to your earnings potential—either in your current job, side job, new ventures or businesses.
Want to learn more about how magical channels work? Try reading: Casting Spells that Work: Creating Channels
What Is a Charm Bag?
Traditionally, a charm was an object that was ‘charmed’ by singing, chanting or prayers. People would then carry the object around for luck, protection, to draw (or to repel) whatever it was they desired.
A charm bag is a small bag or pouch filled with items charmed for a specific intent, so that they work together harmoniously in drawing what the owner needs or wants. You would then carry it around—wear it around your neck, in your pocket or purse. Some people even sleep with them under their pillows. If you own a business, you might hang it over the door or tuck it into the register, and rub it occasionally while thinking about drumming up business.
The more components and energy you’re able to put into your charm bag, the more powerful it becomes.
What You Need:
Any money-drawing or success incense: cinnamon, cedar, orange blossom, etc.
Small bowl of salt
Small bowl of water
I like High John the Conqueror for this charm bag, but any money or success-related oils will do
I like vervain, patchouli and cloves; you can use any money-drawing herbs ideally: mint, basil, cinnamon, money plants, etc.
A citrine is the ideal stone for this kind of charm because it promotes success and abundance in business. If you’re a gambler, you’d be better going with a green aventurine. Moss agate, lodestone, malachite, bloodstone—any stone for attracting wealth and success will do
Nail and/ hair clippings
Yours, or of the person who the charm bag is for
A coin with the year of your birth
Use a nickel, dime, quarter or 50 cent piece, which all have nickel AND copper in them, which is ideal for this charm bag. Avoid pennies, which lack nickel.
Something to represent your work or business
A writer might include a miniature pencil, someone in computers might use a microchip, a clothing store salesperson might include a piece of fabric, you could also include a small picture or even a name of your business written on a piece of paper
Brown marker or paint pen
Small green pouch or green swatch of fabric
flannel and felt are good choices—choose something that doesn’t unravel
String, yarn or the like
Ideal Moon Phase
Timing the Spell
The ideal moon phase for this spell is a waxing crescent to full moon, perfect timing for bringing abundance.
Ideally, if you're looking at moon phases, go with the moon in Taurus. The planetary hour of Taurus is also a good choice. Taurus is an Earth sign that's all about material goods and prosperity-- not fast cash, but long-term, steady improvements.
Tell Us About You
Have you ever cast a money spell before?See results without voting
Citrines Are Perfect for This Spell
How to Cast Your Money Spell: Mental Preparation
Note: You do not need to cast a circle or hold a full-blown ritual to do this spell, though you can if you want to.
If you're not familiar with cleansing, consecrating and charging, you should probably review how to do those things first by clicking here.
1) Cleanse all your components and supplies before you begin. Lay them all out on your altar or work space. Light your red candle, burn your incense, and set out your water and salt bowls. If you’re using a pentagram, set it before you. I like to use it because I like to place items on it when charging them. Set the other components aside.
2) Ground and center yourself. Don’t try to clear your mind (that’s terrible advice, actually, even though many people will give it); instead, bring your awareness to your breathing. Take a few cleansing breaths in and out. I like to ground by envisioning a taproot growing out of my spine and going down, down deep into the Earth’s core, and branches growing out of the top of my head reaching up into the universe.
3) Meditate on yourself having money. I can’t stress this too much—you should visualize yourself as already having it. Do not visualize yourself wanting money or thinking about money, or that’s all you’ll get. You need to visualize yourself as you would be after the spell actually took effect.
4) Focus on details—how good it feels to have money, to pay off your bills, to spend some money on yourself. Think about what having money tastes like (lobster with butter? Steak? Chocolate truffles?), what it physically feels like (silk sheets? Cashmere sweaters?), what it sounds like (jingling coins? The cha-ching of a cash register?), what it smells like (fancy French perfume? The smell of a wad of old bills in your hand? New car smell?).
I Sang This In a Money Spell Once:
It was very off the cuff, and if you can imagine me bouncing around raising energy to this little production from Cabaret with another show tune-loving friend from my coven. Laugh if you will but it raised some hefty powerful energy -- it is to raise energy with something you can put your feeling into!
The Spell Worked!
Money Chant #1
(from Disney’s Pete’s Dragon)
Can’t you hear that jingle-jangle sound?
It’s money money money by the pound.
Money Chant #2
Money, money come to me
As I will so mote it be!
Money Chant #3
My rightful fortune I do seek
Line my pockets, full and deep
As I work and as I yearn
Collecting every cent I earn
A Little Herbal Magic Starter Kit
How to Cast Your Money Spell: Make the Charm Bag
Note: during this part, you can raise energy by chanting if you wish through all these actions. Use a money spell chant above, another one you know or make up your own.
1) Take your pouch or fabric. If you’re using a swatch of fabric, turn it so this will be written on the outside of the pouch. Write the sacred rune FEHU on top of it. Gaze at the earthy colors brown on green, symbolizing fertility and abundance. Picture yourself prosperous, financially secure, and happy. Place it in the pouch or on the fabric swatch.
2) Take your herbs for drawing money and success into your life; hold them in your palms and gaze upon them, run your fingers through them, breathing in the aroma (don’t inhale the actual herbs!). Picture yourself prosperous, financially secure, and happy. Place it in the pouch or on the fabric swatch.
3) Pick up your crystal and hold it up. Know it came from deep inside the earth, and with it, it carries the earth’s energies that fulfill our material needs. Picture yourself prosperous, financially secure, and happy. Place it in the pouch or on the fabric swatch.
4) Look at the item that represents your business—your efforts. Know that in your hand you possess the tools you need to channel more money into your life, by this job/business or another like it. You are a capable person who can put your skills to work, and as you improve so will your finances. Picture yourself prosperous, financially secure, and happy. Place it in the pouch or on the fabric swatch.
5) Look at the coin with the year of your birth. You were born to be prosperous, if you want it. The metals in this coin are attractive and draw energy to you. Picture yourself prosperous, financially secure, and happy. Place it in the pouch or on the fabric swatch.
6) Add your nail clippings and/or hair—parts of yourself, to bind yourself to your spell. Picture yourself prosperous, financially secure, and happy. Place it in the pouch or on the fabric swatch.
7) Tie up the pouch and tie it closed. Consecrate it by the elements. Run it through the incense smoke, sprinkle with salt, run it over the fire flame (don’t let it catch), and then sprinkle with water.
8) Anoint with the oil to represent the 5th Element – spirit – to charge the bag.
9) Pick it up in your cupped palms and breathe into it, releasing all the energy you’ve raised. It is done.
Carry your bag with you when you work or do things to earn money. When you feel you need a boost, give it a rub.
Your Charm Bag Money Spell Is Complete
© 2014 Mackenzie Sage Wright
More by this Author
Some Witches swear by timing spells based on moon phases. Here is a guide for using lunar timing in your spell work.
Blood magic conjures up all kinds of gothic images. It's a topic of controversy within the magical community. Here’s what you should know about it—especially if you want to practice it.
Want to learn Witchcraft? Consider me your new teacher -- and here are your lessons. You'll find a wealth of free information here to help you get started on your path.