My House Is Haunted , How About Yours?
My House Is Haunted , How About Yours?
Please Vote In Our Poll On Ghosts
Do you believe in ghosts and paranormal activity?See results without voting
My House Is Haunted , How About Yours?
For over forty years I have investigated ghosts and paranormal activity and over time as the years have drifted past I have come to know that there are ghosts and other paranormal activity all around us. You may ask the question , if there are ghosts why do I not see them? And I truly believe I can answer that question. I truly believe that there are people who for one reason or another that can see ghosts and there are people that for what ever reason that can not. What is the reason that some people can see ghosts and other paranormal activity and others can not is a answer I do not have.
I do know for a fact that some people and other people that either can't see anything or they tell themselves they can't. Which are you. If you have a ghost story or a tale of the paranormal tell us all about it in the comment section below or send your story in by email.
I Live In A Haunted House
Yes I live in a haunted house. Almost on a daily basis there is some form of paranormal activity that goes on in my house. I have a large brass bird that was purchased at Myrtle Beach about a five hour drive from my home. I use the bird which weighs about 10 pound to hold a door closed that goes out onto my back porch area that is enclosed. Quite often I find that heavy 10 pound brass bird moved away from that door and out into the middle of my living room. You have to understand that this quite often happens when I am the only person in the house. Quite often the bird is moved 20 feet away from the door and all the way to the other side of the room. The brass bird is not moving on its own. It really sounds like typical poltergeist activity but I have other strange things that go on in my home also.
I did not know the history of my house for some time but now I do. My house was built by a man and wife just after the civil war. At one time my house was a farmhouse with a working farm around it. Over the years the land around it was sold off and some of the buildings were torn down. I had to tear down the old smokehouse and the old outdoor toilet after I moved here. The old barn remains to this day.
When there is a thunderstorm you can hear singing coming from the room above my living room that can only be reached by a ladder. I at first thought it was a woman singing but later I found out it was an old man who had lived up there around 1900 who was doing the singing. He was the hired hand of the couple who built the house and he died up there in the room above my living room. His grave is in the bushes at the back of my property now. His singing up there may be a residual haunting but you only hear it when there is a thunderstorm going on. The story goes that the old man was frightened of thunderstorms and his singing was the way he dealt with thunderstorms.
I and my girlfriend were coming back to the house just after I moved in the house and she pointed out a figure of a old woman looking out my kitchen windows. At first we thought someone was in the house but the house was securely locked and there was no one in the house when we came inside. However many many times I have seen the old woman looking out those kitchen windows. Later on I was given a description of the old lady who first lived in this house and she matched the old lady we see looking out the kitchen window in every way.
So yes it appears that my house is haunted by at least two ghosts and maybe more. I don't know if it is one of these ghosts who moves the bird but someone or something quite often moves the bird. I also hear footsteps where there are no people and my cat plays with someone who is not there. I have had someone walk into the room with me and tap me on the shoulder many times. It still spooks me when it happens. But I have never seen anything when it happens.
Marys Ghost Story From Mobile Alabama
We moved at the first of December into a old house not far from downtown Mobile. before we moved into the house neither me or my husband believed in ghosts. After we moved in with in a week we both not only believed in ghosts but we knew for a fact that they existed because we are currently living in a house with at least three ghosts and one of them that is the ghost of a woman that was murdered here in the house in 1939 lets you know that she is around. She often just walks into our living room and orders us out of the house. We've had a priest in to bless the house but that only slowed them down it didn't stop them. Imagine laying in your bed and the dresser drawers just go in and out on their own for hours at a time. We are moving out at the end of December. The ghosts can have this house.
Jennifer's Ghost Story From Greenville Mississippi
Me and my husband moved into my Grandpa's old house out in the country and then one day while we were eating supper we watched in amazement as the old stuffed chair that had belonged to my Grandpa slid across the living room floor and went right back to where my deceased Grandfather had always kept it so he could look out the front door and see who was coming up the road. I remember my husbands face. He looked like you had thrown cold water on him.
I sat there stunned for a second and then got up and looked at the chair. It looked like someone was setting in it. I said Grandpa and while I wish I could tell you he answered he did not. I slid the chair back where I had moved it to and watched but nothing happened. The next morning we both went to work and I always get home first. The chair had been moved back to where it had moved the evening before. I just said quietly Grandpa if that's where you want you chair I'll leave it there. My husband just looked at the chair and shook his head when he came home about an hour later.
From time to time we will hear something strange in the house or something will be moved. Our cat will jump up in the chair that belonged to my Grandfather and seems to be playing with something or someone. We also smell pipe smoke real strong from time to time but never see any pipe smoke. No one actually smokes in the house so it is no one living that is smoking in the house. I've put a little table with Grandpa's pipes and ashtray right by the chair and they have never been moved. I know for a fact that it's my Grandpa's ghost in the house with us because I've seen him coming down the stairs twice and both times he just smiled and went straight out through the kitchen wall to the outside. It's truly something amazing to know that once your dead that life does indeed go on. I never saw my Grandfather when he was alive. He died 19 years before I was born.
How To Know If You Have A Ghost In Your House
1. If you see something you can't explain first look for a logical reason for what you just saw. Is it a reflection. Was it headlights from a car outside. Did you see something natural that scared you like your own shadow or a shadow caused by a light from outside.
2. If a door or cabinet door opens or closes on its own is it being caused by air from your air conditioner or heater. Watch carefully and listen for the airconditioner. I once had a lady that was convinced her dead mother was arranging things on a hall table. The first time I saw it I thought something paranormal was going on. Then I noticed the vent under the table. When the air would come on and blow through the vent the items on the glass top table would move around on the table. When the air would go off the items would be still. This is the kind of things you need to watch for.
3. If your hearing a strange sound ask who ever is making it to repeat the sound. And at the same time look for a natural cause for a sound. Many times I've discovered squirrels or rats in an attic or the dead branch of a tree against a house. Once you eliminate natural causes for sounds and its still going on you may indeed have something paranormal going on.
4. If you can try to obtain a digital recorder if you have strange noises going on. Ask questions in the area where your hearing strange sounds and see what voices if any that you can record on the digital voice recorder. When you ask a question allow enough time for a answer before you ask the next question. Play back your recording and see if you hear anything.
5. If you think you have a ghost in your house purchase a digital camera and take pictures at night around your house. Make sure the lens is clean and that you keep your fingers out of the way of the camera lens. Take photos with the flash on and the lights in your house off. Go through the photos you take carefully and see what you catch in the photos. If something strange shows up in the photo go back to the same place and see if you can recreate the photo. Is it something truly paranormal or is it a reflection.
6. Take a video walking through your house when its raining or a thunderstorm is going on and try to film every whereas you walk. It also needs to be at night. The house also should be quite. Try to film in the area where you think something strange is going on. Go back and check out the video while watching it carefully. Did you film something unusual or strange.
7. Watch your cat or dog. Do you ever observe them doing something strange as if it is watching something or interacting with something or someone. If so when you see the cat or dog watching something take a photo in that direction. Did you come up with something strange or unusual.
Finally if you have seen a ghost no your not going crazy. Some people including myself have seen a ghost. I've seen many ghosts and lots of paranormal activity in the last 62 years or so.
My House Is Haunted , How About Yours?
I wish everyone knew the same as me that ghosts do indeed exist. I know for an absolute fact that my house is haunted. My cat was just in the room where the bird is playing with his invisible friend. I really do believe my cat is playing with the ghost of the woman who first lived in my house. I quite often hear him in the kitchen meowing to be given cat food the same as he does me when I go into the kitchen. And my cat is anything but a stupid cat. So I know he sees something or someone in the kitchen.
Night Locks Unlocked With No Explanation
I quite often find my safety lock chains unlocked when I check them after I know for a fact that I locked them earlier. And I am the only one in the house besides the cat and he could not even reach the safety lock chain if he tried.
Person Knocks On Door But No One Is There
Someone knocks on my front door quite often but when you go check there is no one there. There is also quite often the smell of pipe smoke in my house when there is no one smoking. And I often see shadow people in and around my house.
I hope you enjoyed this hub page about my haunted house and I hope you will post a comment or question below.
Do You Have A Paranormal Or Ghost Story
If you do send it please to thomasbyers @ googlemail.com with " Paranormal " in the subject line. Give your first name in the story and I will post your story here for all to read. Thanks.
About The Author Thomas Byers
As you probably have determined by now my name is Thomas Byers and I have been involved in studying the paranormal and ghosts for over forty years now. I don't know everything about the paranormal or ghosts but I do think I'm becoming an authority on the subject and I would like to hear from other people who are experiencing paranormal events or encountering ghosts. Let me hear from you at the above email address.
More by this Author
Here you can read all about the ghost of Elvis Presley. Does the ghost of Elvis Presley still haunt Graceland. Here we offer proof that Elvis is still roaming around Graceland and other places.
Here we explore everything about the Legend Of Bloody Mary. Are you interested in learning about Bloody Mary then read on. Be sure to watch the videos about Bloody Mary. Real Bloody Mary Stories.
If you want to know exactly how to grow a vegetable garden here is all the information you will ever need.