"Happyness" is the small things in life
Baby steps to happiness
Celebrate the small things in life and you'll make life a celebration. On the other hand, do not let negative small (or big) things get the best of you.
It is difficult to train, or retrain the mind in this manner: to force to automatically strive for half glass full.
Yet it leads to great satisfaction, to be instantly content and grateful for your actual blessings. Albeit small, a blessing is a blessing.
Life circumstances can have anybody argue that I sustain this philosophy because I do not really know what hardship is. Try a six-month in arrears mortgage, recently divorced and with no job. Oh, let's add a little six year old to put a happy face to. Try a month with no electricity for failure to pay the bill. Try your son doing his homework by a candlelight.
They don't need to know
My neighbors never knew I was out of a job. I left every morning, came home every evening after a long day, another day of seeking for opportunities.
Living by faith is the true life. I am not talking religion, I am talking of the divine thread that is made of the decisions we make each second we go through this voyage called life.
Decisions influenced by our current mindset. Most mindsets are triggered by two things and two things only greed and fear.
The stock market, religions, governments, superstitions, network marketing opportunities are all based on one of these two or both.
A secret that's no secret
There is something greater than greed. There is something better than mere wanting.
Just like there is something far more sweeter than living in constant fear of getting caught, evicted, fired, dumped, or all of the above.
This secret is the act of being grateful.
This concept I learned from great master Deepak Choprah, via his book . If I ever have the chance to meet Choprah again, I will certainly hug him and thank him. There is great power in being grateful. One will never experience it until it is put into practice. The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success
Being grateful is much more than saying thank you. Being grateful is the constant decision of truly appreciating our current circumstance. Being grateful comes precisely from a state of being... Is a special aura, that you decide, you consciously decide to obtain from within.
You manage to realize that the path to true happiness, health and even abundance starts with being truly grateful, humbled by all the opportunities that lie around you.
What on Earth can I be grateful for?
I know this sounds like poetry. Sounds like they finally legalize marijuana and I got a heads up. I can assure you it is no poetry, it is real. And the reason why I keep writing is because I feel it a duty to share my experience.
I have lived this. I repeat this has nothing to do with no church, I am no pastor, nor reverend... I am a human being of the female gender. A woman with a bit of time in their hands that thinks of it as a sin to go watch TV when I could be shedding some light. Or at least sharing some life experiences. If one person out there reads and understands, I have fulfilled my mission, closed my circle and demonstrated further how grateful I still am.
So I'll go back to that gruesome scene I related above of no job, no money, no electricity. What was I grateful for then? I was grateful for the following:
1. My mind- I appreciate the fact that my mind is able to create business opportunities. Indeed my mind helped me create a personal safety small enterprise that got me from $100 to $1000 in short of two months.
2. My car- Without a job, and virtually no liquid resources, my 1999 Nissan was a lifesaver. He needed lots of loving, but he indeed took me from point A to point B.
3. My neighbors- I never went to my neighbors asking for a favor, but they eventually grasped my situation and pitched in to help me out. I am so grateful for this I still go spend some holidays with them, although I now live in another neighborhood.
4. My son- You could say I should place him first. Well, I am placing my mind in the actual circumstances I lived, which was a true survival mode. I was always grateful, not only that my son was with me, but that I was able to put a smile in his face even when sometimes there was no food on the table.
5. Health- During that time, I suffered from a fractured ankle. I was still grateful that I had still my health to get me going through the day. With a leg in a cast, I would visit business to sell them my personal security products, crutches and all. When you want to make it, you will find a way to make it.
Never a happy ending, just a happy life
Today, I humbly say that I am just indeed grateful (please excuse me how many times have I repeated the word). I just really appreciate my life. I always remember my son all the things we went through and remind him that, if we were grateful then, we have to a lot more grateful now.
I truly think he gets it. I hope you get it too. If you do, if you have a likewise experience, please share it with me and others. Freedom is a wonderful thing, but I find it has nothing to do with poetry. Real freedom entails discipline and personal responsibility. Have a wonderful day and remember that the world is a big place, full of opportunities and great things to happen just waiting for you. Let's make them happen!
More by this Author
Best male-bashing movies of them all. get your quick-fix on male-bashing drama!
What do you do if you know your children has been spying on you while you have sex? This is a true story about what I did, and how my daughter my sex and I lived happily ever after.
Words, mantras, prayers... are all very powerful things... I am telling you this because, even though I am not a Christian anymore, I want to state that I've had my own set of firsthand experiences, and I don't...