Happy New Year: Traditions and Beliefs
We're about to ring in a new year! Goodbye, 2011! Hello, 2012!
With the new year just around the corner, I would like to share some traditions and beliefs that a lot of people hold in this part of the world. Some are meant to bring in luck, while some are meant to bring in money. Now, I'm not claiming that these are true. They are just beliefs. But, sometimes, who knows, right? ;)
1. Put 7 coins in a small bag (or basket) on the doorknob of your main door. This is meant to bring in more money for the new year.
2. Never leave your wallet empty. Always leave a dollar, or even a penny, in your wallet. This is so you NEVER run out of money.
3. Wear polka dots (to symbolize wealth).
4. Place 7 round fruits on your dinner table. This is meant to symbolize a fruitful year.
5. Leave ALL the lights in your house on as you ring in the new year. (Of course, this should be done only if you are at home.) :) This is meant to make your new year bright.
6. Make loud noises (fireworks, trumpet, play music, etc) as you ring in the new year. This is meant to drive the evil spirits or negative energy away.
7. Jump! So you can reach new heights. :) For kids, this is meant to make them grow taller. For adults.. well, we can't get any taller, but it's still fun to jump. :)
8. Clean the house before the new year. This is so you have a clean house all-year round.
9. Stock the fridge so you have a bountiful year.
10. It is believed that whatever you are doing once the new year strikes, that is what you will be doing a lot of for the next year. hmm... be wise and have fun! :)
HAPPY NEW YEAR, HUBBERS!!! :) :) :)
More by this Author
Your deadline's just around the corner and you still feel like you have nothing to write. The clock is ticking and you're cramming again. Don't let this happen to you again. Here are 10 ways to write an essay more...