How To Call Ghosts
Precautions when contacting spirits
Before you continue reading, I would like to put a warning out there that contacting ghosts and spirits isn't just fun and games. Yes, it can be an exhilarating experience and it can even be comforting when contacting people you know who have moved on. However, establishing a connection to the other realm can also be dangerous if you don't use discretion. I will outline proper protocol and things you need to watch out for along the way. My biggest warning is to never try this alone. Being alone leaves you vulnerable and also allows for stronger bad spirits who you do not want to contact to take advantage of you. I would recommend at least three people in total to do this.
That being said, I definitely recommend that you try communicating with ghosts and spirits at least once in your life. It's usually a fun experience and really opens up your eyes spiritually, beyond just the material world. For those of you that don't believe it is possible to contact ghosts or that they exist, I assure you to try it at least once. Go in with an open mind, and at the very least you'll be amused. When done right, this usually always works, but in the chance that it doesn't I'll include some tips and mistakes that people can make that can hinder successful communication. Also, this ritual does NOT require a Ouija board or any other fancy toys.
What You Need To Call Ghosts
Alright, so to begin I will outline what you need in order to successfully contact a ghost.
1. Location: This is of absolute importance. You should always be in a dark and quiet place. If you are in a house, it should only be the people participating in the ritual in the house. Places that work especially well at night are parks, forests, and of course graveyards. At the very least, find a room and close the door and make sure there is minimal outside noise.
2. Lighting: You should only have a small light that is to be placed in the middle of all the participants in the ritual. The best thing to do is to have a small, non-scented candle. If that doesn't work, a small upside-down torch will suffice. If it's really that hard to get a hold of these you can try using an upside down phone with the screen turned on but I wouldn't recommend it.
3. Participants: As mentioned above, it's best to have at least three participants. Not only for your safety, but it's also easier to have communication as there is more energy in the room that is being geared towards the other realm. All of the participants must have an open mind. It's okay if you are taking it as a joke, but just don't disrupt the ritual or let your thoughts wander elsewhere too much.
- In a location described above, have everyone sit in a circle with the candle or upside-down torch in the middle. Everyone must have their eyes closed and their hands joined together so allow the energy to travel between and out of all the participants.
- This is very important, everyone must try their best to clear their mind. They must think of nothing. An empty mind will allow your energy to travel to the other realm without disturbances. It may be hard at first, but the next step should aid in the process.
- You will sit around the circle for at least 3 minutes before beginning. Keep your mind focused on thinking nothing, try to think of the color black if it helps. One person out of the group will then recite the following words to start-off, and everyone else will repeat each sentence right after.
We are gathered here today to communicate with you of the other worlds. We do not mean any harm. We do not want any harm. If anyone is out there. If anyone is listening. Make your presence known.
- At this point, you will hear some kind of a signal if someone is present. It can be anything from a humming noise to a whistle or can even be something as vivid as feeling vibrations or pressure around you. Don't be afraid, there is nothing the spirit can do to harm you.
- If you are trying to contact someone in particular, replace the above speech with the persons name in the appropriate place and think of that person while doing it. This takes exceptional skill and practice though so it is better to contact someone randomly the first new times.
- Once you have your signal and you want to continue with the process, the same person will continue to recite the following, and everyone else will repeat each sentence after it is said: (Remember, mind still must be as blank as possible!)
Whoever you are. We give you permission to communicate with us. Who are you?
- At this point, either one of two things can happen. If your are far enough from any other people and noise, the ghost may be comfortable enough to present itself. Remember, keep your eyes closed though. You will be able to hear it answer this question. If not, the ghost will choose one of the participants as a medium. This is why your mind MUST be blank! If it is too clouded the spirit will have a hard time communicating through you. It can choose any of the people as a vessel. DON'T be alarmed, and give it time. If it takes a few minutes, repeat the above phrase (only the initial person can decide when to recite it again).
- Once the ghost starts communicating with you, ask it anything you wish. They are usually hard to understand when they speak to you, so it's best to ask yes or no questions. You will usually get signs rather than an explicit yes or no, unless you are all experienced and can communicate effectively.
- When you session is over, simply open your eyes and un-join your hands from one another. Also, blow out the candle or turn off the torch.
- Do not try and tell the ghost to do anything drastic or that will cause him or her to linger too long afterwards.
- If the session gets out of hand, e.g. the spirit starts getting aggressive, simply open your eyes and blow out the candle.
- The medium will most likely not remember anything beyond the initial ritual. Make sure to have water on hand as it can be quite a draining experience.
More by this Author
The story manages to capture the narrator at a transitional stage in his life. At the beginning he is hostile and reserved in nature, through both his words and actions, whereas towards the end of the story he seems to...
Of Many Worlds in this World uses an abundance of metaphors to reflect its meaning. The idea behind the poem is that every world contains many smaller worlds within it, and those worlds further contain even smaller...
Nintendo 64 is the best gaming system that this world will ever experiance. With games like Super Mario 64, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros. and Goldeneye, multi player mode is just as fun now as it was back then.