How to Be Wild & Crazy Without Compromising Your Morals
Live a Full Life Guilt-Free!
This article will hopefully inspire you to live your life to the fullest, realizing that being wild & crazy does not have to go against your morals, religion, or belief. You can even live a full & satisfying life on a tight budget!
1. Take up a sport or physical activity. For example, if you've always wanted to swim, find a recreation center or a lake and start swimming! Or organize a team and play frisbee in a nearby park on the weekends. You will not only become physically fit, you'll enjoy the outdoors and possibly make new friends in the process! Having a physically fit body will give you more energy, will keep your blood pressure in check, and make you less susceptible to heart disease, diabetes, and other disorders. Not to mention exercise will give you endorphins, which lift your mood and keep you in a positive attitude.
2. Do something spontaneous and completely out-of-character. If you're usually the silent introvert, begin to share your opinion or tell a joke and laugh louder than the acceptable volume. If you're not known for doing anything crazy or of-the-moment, then make a decision on a whim, or sign up for something, and follow through with it. You may have fun!
3. Re-vamp your wardrobe. Donate clothes that you haven't worn in over 1 year to Goodwill or the Salvation Army, and shop the sales at nearby department stores. Updating your wardrobe will get people glancing your way, will make you seem younger and more fashionable, and does not have to break the bank! You'll probably get lots of compliments from your girlfriends or your co-workers, too!
4. Get a new haircut and style. If you've always had long, straight hair, try taking the plunge and going short & wavy. Your hair will look fresh and will have lots of body & bounce! And you'll save on shampoo! (I cut my waist-length straight hair 2 weeks before my wedding, into a chin-length bob, and I have never regretted it!) What a wonderful change, and I save so much money on shampoo & conditioner, plus it only takes me 5 minutes to dry my hair!
Getting the right haircut or hairstyle can elongate a round face, hide a high forehead, or square out a long face. It can make you look younger, your face thinner, and overall more modern & chic!
5. Become well-read and informed about world issues. Read newspapers, magazines, and internet news sources to become knowledgeable about government and world events, so you are not left behind. You will impress people if you can contribute to a political or economic conversation or debate. People will probably appreciate your unique insight, and you will feel smarter and able to make well-educated decisions regarding your finances and your life. And you will of course be a well-informed voter!
6. Take your dream vacation. If not now, then when? How long have you been putting it off? Seize the moment and plan that vacation or getaway that you've always wanted to take. Your trip may help you re-connect with your spouse, old friends, God, or yourself. You'll go places you've always wanted, fulfill a life goal, and see the earth's beauty. All good reasons to take that vacation!
7. Splurge on something you've always wanted. Save up money and buy that R.V., motorcycle, sailboat, outdoor grill, or whatever you've always wanted. Don't force yourself to go into debt, but make sacrifices and save up, then purchase that item. Use it to go on cross-country trips, at the lake, or to visit your children. But whatever you use it for, just make sure that you enjoy it and use it a lot. I'm not preaching materialism, or the love of "things", but it's okay to buy something you really want & are going to use, especially if you budget for it or are able to make payments on it while you're enjoying it.
8. Get back in touch with old friends and long-lost relatives. Do something that they like doing, and use the time to catch-up with each other. Remember why you liked your friend to begin with, and apologize for life getting in the way. They have probably been just as busy as you have been. Remember that your relatives (whether you really like them or not), are not going to be around forever, and once they're gone, you'll probably regret not spending more time with them.
Once you've reconnected with the people in your life that you care about, you'll have one more person to fall back on when you're enduring hard times. And believe me, you can never have enough friends & family to lean on!
9. Take a leadership role. Volunteer for that intimidating project at work that no one else wants to do, help out at Sunday school or in your church's office, work at the animal shelter on the weekends (you'll get to play with animals!), visit with residents at a nearby nursing home or hospice, or work the polls on election day. All of these things are a worthwhile usage of your time and energy, and will help you give back to your community while doing good for someone else. Volunteering helps someone else and also helps yourself. And it's a very noble thing to do. You can't go wrong with volunteering!
10. Participate in a march, race, fundraiser, or a peaceful protest regarding an issue that you care strongly about. This way, you'll be able to make your voice heard while being part of a larger mission. You'll help tell the world that you really care about something and so should they.
11. Take college classes or take up a hobby that you've always wanted to. For example: pottery, sketching, painting, gardening, cooking, business classes, computer skills, etc... Take a class that will introduce you to the hobby or skill that you've always wanted. Some of these skills can make you money, the others can improve your quality and enjoyment of life. Some classes are free; some expensive. Do your research and find out before writing it off as something you can't do.
These suggestions are here, not to get you into debt or make you think your life isn't as full as it should be. These suggestions are here to give you ideas of ways you can grab life by the horns, fulfill your dreams, and better yourself if you want to. Ways to be "wild & crazy" because you are not afraid to take chances, get out there, and live your life.
Please check with your doctor before beginning any sports or exercise routine and do your research before following any of the suggestions listed here. And I hope these suggestions will give you your own ideas about how to fully live your life!
More by this Author
Baby powder (any brand will do) is a great and easy way to remove grease or moisture from your hair, or to refresh a limp or greasy hairdo! Baby powder absorbs moisture. That is what is it made to do. So if your hair...