How to Lift a Curse from Yourself
Books that will help you break the curse
A lot of people make jokes about curses and say that they feel as if they've been cursed when things start going wrong. As funny as it may sometimes sound, curses do exists and they are not a laughing matter. Remember that a curse is created with the sole intention to cause harm to its target. And it doesn't matter whether the curse has been cast with intentional malice or in sudden rage - the effects of both can be equally devastating. Actually, impulsive curses can be a lot more dangerous than intentional ones because negative energy is channeled with a lot more force when the curse caster is distressed and uses intuition rather than learning.
In this article I'm going to help you lift different kinds of curses.
Types of Curses
Just like everything else, curses come in different types. There are three main types of them:
- Chaos curses - these are the curses that are created to harm the target. They vary in their intensity level and can result in things from minor bad luck to grave injuries and even death. The majority of unintentional curses are chaos curses.
- Binding curses - these curses don't harm your health, but they can do a lot of harm because they stop you doing things and achieving anything. A binding curse victim will seem apathetic and lazy and will never advance in anything. Binding can prevent you from having a career, getting married - they stop you living without killing you.
- Lesson curses - we all know that some people try to take justice into their own hands. Same goes for lesson curse casters. They curse the target in such a way the he or she gets hit with everything nasty that he or she did to anyone else. For example, a thief will have his stuff stolen and an abusive person will start being abused. The good news is that this curse is the easiest to break - just stop doing whatever wrong you are doing and your life will change for the better.
In addition to these types of curses there are specific curses that are designed to do one particular thing. Like, your house will suddenly become infested with cockroaches. Nasty.
Breaking the Curse
Like I said before, some curses are not easy to break without help from an experienced witch or magick adept. However, you can lift a lot of common curses by yourself. Here is what you should do to lift a chaos or a special purpose curse.
Things you'll need:
- 13 real wax church candles. If you can get the priest bless them, do that
- A sheet of paper with your misfortunes written on it
- 1 cup of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of sage
- 13 drops of pine essential oil
- If you can get some thistle leaves or flowers, that would be a bonus
The best time to lift a curse is the first night of the new moon. Generally speaking, new moon is used for destructive spells and full moon is great for constructive spells.
- Take your 13 candles to the bathroom and form a protective circle around the bathtub. It can be a semicircle if you can't form a circle.
- Start filling the bath with hot water. While the bath is filling, light the candles going from right to left saying "May your light purify me" as you light each candle.
- When there is enough water in the bath for you to sit in, say: "I call upon the Gods, the Spirits and my ancestors to come and cleanse me of all evil and restore me to health and balance. Come in good will and assist me in my cause. So mote it be." Then add the sea salt, the sage, the pine essential oil and the thistle to the water.
- Try to feel joy and light. Climb into the bath and wash yourself slowly with the water. Do not use any soap. Say this:
"What was done may be now undone.
By the power of the moon new
May the light of my soul renew.
May all damage now reverse
And free me from this vicious curse."
- When done, soak for a while. When soaking, imagine white light forming a protective shield around your body. Imagine it starting in your chest and growing to envelope you.
- When the water starts going cold, imagine the white light seeping back inside you. When done, rise and light the sheet of paper with your misfortunes from one of the candles. Let the ashes fall into the water.
- Start emptying the bathtub. Wash off the salty water off yourself thoroughly. It's ABSOLUTELY VITAL that it's all washed off.
- Start extinguishing the candles one by one saying:
"I thank the Gods, the Spirits and my ancestors for coming to my side and assisting me. May you be released to your dwellings where you will return causing no harm on your way. So mote it be!"
Breaking a Binding
A binding curse needs to be lifted in a slightly different way. Instead of a sheet of paper with your misfortunes written on it, you will need a piece of string that has been tied in a circle. At the point in time when you are supposed to burn the sheet of paper, cut the sting with scissors or a ritual knife (if you have one) and then burn it in a saucer. As you do that, say:
"With the power of light and the new moon, I break the binding that was cast on me.
May the harm be undone. So mote it be!"
Throw the ashes into the water and then follow the rest of the steps.
This will work with most negative spells and curses. However, a really powerful one will need more counteraction, so don't be afraid to seek professional help. Just remember that a real professional will never charge money, so don't get fooled when you are the most vulnerable.
© 2013 Snurre
More by this Author
Wouldn't it be great to earn money for using social networks? Here are top 3 social networking sites where you can get paid.
Having a sore throat is annoying at best and is a sign of a serious infection at worst. These home-made natural gargles will help you fight the infection and ease the pain.
Choosing translation software can be hard. Here is a comparison of Systran and Babylon.