How to Spot a Freemason
If you look on YouTube and a number of other HATE sites, you will find all kinds of alarmists and conspiracy theorists claiming that they know how to spot a Freemason. Something about pressing the thumb into the centre of the back of the others hand.... ?
You cannot identify a man as being a Mason solely based on how he shakes someone's hand. A Mason is identified by his habits.
If you're really interested in spotting a Mason, here's what to look for:
- He believes in a sumpreme being (God)
- He is most trustworthy
- He is honourable
- He holds a high and strict moral character
- He supports justice
- He has sound judgment
- He does not prejudge people based on their religious or political views
- He actively practises tolerance
- He has to be a man of mature age
- He has no criminal background
- He is a friend and a brother amongst peers
Is the POPE a Mason?
I wonder if Aristotle was a Mason? He has many quotes which are in alignment with Masonry. Pity we there isn't a photo of him shaking hands with someone (so we'd know for sure).
- Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
- It is easy to perform a good action, but not easy to acquire a settled habit of performing such actions.
- Moral excellence comes about as a result of habit. We become just by doing just acts, temperate by doing temperate acts, brave by doing brave acts.
- Perfect friendship is the friendship of men who are good, and alike in excellence; for these wish well alike to each other qua good, and they are good in themselves.
- The educated differ from the uneducated as much as the living from the dead.
- The moral virtues, then, are produced in us neither by nature nor against nature. Nature, indeed, prepares in us the ground for their reception, but their complete formation is the product of habit.
One more thing...
Seemingly most anti-Freemason people, rightly or wrongly, tend to stem from certain denominations of the Christian and/or Islamic faiths.
To ye I say: art thoust aware that the Word of God praises fraternal organisations of brotherhood like the Freemasons? Psalms 133:1 "Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!"
More by this Author
We Masons, being free men of good rapport, have each made a solemn obligation to not divulge those aspects of Freemasonry to the uninitiated or unworthy. What I am to communicate to you herein are based on the works...