Inspirational Quotes About Life and Change
Thoughts for the New Year
A new year is just around the corner and with it will come surprises and disappointments, joy and grief, triumphs and defeats -- all that life can give you in a year and sometimes even all in one day. A new year is really about new things developing -- changes if you will. Change is the one constant in life and instead of resolutions, I think it's a lot more interesting to think about what some of our wits and not so witty people have said about change. Here's a small list of inspirational quotes about life and how to approach change. We can welcome the new year with a different perspective.
- "All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy, for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter into another." - Anatole France
- "Become a student of change. It is the only thing that will remain constant." - Anthony D'Angelo
- "We must learn to view change as a natural phenomenon - to anticipate it and to plan for it. The future is ours to channel in the direction we want to go... we must continually ask ourselves, 'What will happen if...?' or better still, 'How can we make it happen?' " - Lisa Taylor
- "If we can recognize that change and uncertainty are basic principles, we can greet the future and the transformation we are undergoing with the understanding that we do not know enough to be pessimistic." - Hazel Henderson
- "When patterns are broken, new worlds emerge." - Tuli Kupferberg
- "In every crisis there is a message. Crises are nature's way of forcing change, breaking down old structures, shaking loose negative habits so that something new and better can take their place." - Susan Taylor
- "When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller
- "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." - Reinhold Niebuhr
- "If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies." - Author Unknown
- "Change has long been a fearful thing for human beings ... and at the same time, it is our most Divine opportunity. Clinging to the banks of the river may seem safe and more secure, but life's possibilities are truly engaged only when we trust, release and become part of The Flow of the Universe." - Chelle Thompson, Editor of Inspiration Line
- "If we don't change, we don't grow. If we don't grow, we are not really living." - Gail Sheehy
- "When you're finished changing, you're finished. " - Benjamin Franklin
More by this Author
Netbooks are a great way to do your work on the go. It's small size and features are a great way to surf the internet, manage documents, and access your email without the weight.
It used to be that when women started getting gray hairs it meant that they were too old to be attractive. Women are refusing to think that way anymore and it's about time. There are so many accomplished older women...
Flightkeeper When you walk inside the National Air and Space Museum through the National Mall entrance, you can't help but look up. For anyone who loves flying on planes and find space exploration a source of wonder and...