Words of Wisdom From the Bible
The Holy Scripture are filed with verses of inspirational sayings and wisdom, it is from the words of the Bible that we find the greatest advice for life and living.
- If you bring your gift to the altar and there recall that your brother has any thing against you, leave your gift at the altar, go first and be reconciled with your brother and then come and offer your gift. -Matthew 5: 23-24
- You are the light of the world. Your light must shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your heavenly Father. -Matthew 5:14, 16
- Whoever obeys and teaches these commandments will be called greatest in the kingdom of heaven. -Matthew 5: 19
- Stop judging and you will not be judged. -Luke 6: 37
- The harvest is abundant but the laborers are few; so ask the master of the harvest to send out laborers for his harvest. -Matthew 9 : 37-38
- Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart. -Matthew 11: 28 - 29.
- What profit would there be for one to gain the whole world and forfeit his life? -Matthew 16: 26
- Whoever causes one of these little one who believes in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea. -Matthew 18:6
- Whoever does the will of God is my brother and sister and mother. -Mark 3: 35
- Many that are first will be last and the last will be first. -Mark 10:31
- Remove the wooden beam from your eye first; then you will see clearly to remove the splinter in your brother's eye. -Luke 6:42
- I have come to set the earth on fire and how I wish it were already blazing! -Luke 12: 49
- If you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you would say to this mulberry tree, "Be uprooted and planted in the sea" and it would obey you. -Luke 17: 6
- When I am lifted up from the Earth, I will draw everyone to myself. -John 12: 32.
- I am the vine, you are the branches. Whoever remain in me and I in him will bear much fruit, because without me you can do nothing. -John 15: 5
- Without deliberation plans come to nothing, where counselors are many plans succeed. - Proverbs 15:22
- In the world you will have trouble, but take courage, I have conquered the world. -John 16: 33
- There is no fear in love; but perfect love cast out fear. -John 4: 18
- The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. - Acts 17:24
- You rule the raging of the sea; when its waves rise, You still them. - Psalm 89:9
- The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God stands forever. - Isaiah 40:8
- You have set all the borders of the earth; You have made summer and winter.-Psalm 74:17
- The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit. - John 3:8
- A kindly glance gives joy to the heart, good news lends strength to the bones. - Proverbs 15:30
- Most assuredly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it produces much grain. - John 12:24
- If then God so clothes the grass, which today is in the field and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, how much more will He clothe you. O you of little faith? -Luke 12:28
- I set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth. - Genesis 9:13
- By wisdom the Lord laid the earth's foundation. - Proverbs 3:19
- When you give alms, do not let your left hand know what your right is doing, so your alms giving maybe secret. And your Father who sees in secret will repay you. -Matthew 6: 3-4
- Do not worry about tomorrow; tomorrow will take care of itself. Sufficient for a day is its own evil. -Matthew 6: 34
- I am the way and the truth and the life. -John 14: 6
- Hatred stirs up disputes, but love covers all offenses. - Proverbs 10:12
- When pride comes, disgrace comes; but with the humble is wisdom. - Proverbs 11:12
- He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men: yet they cannot fathom what God Has done from beginning to end. -Ecclesiastes 3:11
- He that love not, know not God; for God is love. -John 4: 8
- All background are from Wallcoo.net free wallpapers and screen savers.
More by this Author
Pictures and general information about the Seven Baha'i temples located around the world.
A short article about the life of the first Filipino saint and martyr - St Lorenzo Ruiz. He was beatified by Pope John Paul II during the Papal visit in Manila on February 18, 1981 at Luneta Park . He was canonized on...
Explanations of the different Catholic symbols: these symbols act as badges of faith, teaching tools, and aids on the journey towards an understanding of complex philosophies. Images included.
No comments yet.