Intention of Demons
You will need this hub to understand some of my references to Wormwood in the other hubs. This hub's first paragraph is from page 5 paragraph 9 of "The Wormwood Letters", and its second paragraph is from page 28 paragraph 16 of "The Wormwood Letters."
CORRUPTION OF HUMANS
1. The authors of the Wormwood Letters(WLs) are enormously intelligent with an insidious nature to match. Their objective with us is our destruction, and it is not just our possessions, health and lives they intend to destroy but mostly our spirits. In fact our possessions, health and lives may be left alone if this will secure our damnation. They are angels of Satan, who are bent upon our demise. In a general letter sent to his associates, Wormwood himself said:
WORMWOOD DESCRIBES HIS CHARACTER AND GOALS
2. "We are devils, and our purpose is to corrupt humans; corrupt their wisdom, discernment and intelligence; corrupt their morals, integrity and character; corrupt their attitude, joy and prosperity; corrupt their minds, lives and bodies.
WORMWOOD'S FORMIDABLE WEAPON AGAINST HUMANS
3. "But how? Think! My loyal friends. Think! How do we prevent consistent love---in all its forms---from becoming as intrinsic part of their character, and of their instinctive behavior? How do we stop or weaken the nascent engines of constructive action? We do this by primarily corrupting their faith, because faith is the magnificent pillar upon which all Godly qualities exist, all noble goals are accomplished, and all remarkable structures are built. We must corrupt their faith, enervate it with pernicious sophistry, then infect it with savory toxins of disobedience, and finally, decay it with the somnolence of insouciance. Then, my faithful servants, their reasoning will be fallacious; their righteousness, odious, and their salvation, illusory. Their achievements will be paltry, their health, noxious, and their vitality, languid. Atrophy, reigning supremely, will effortlessly lead their inspired dreams and goals into quiet submission and torpidity; while indolence will open the unguarded doors of their undisciplined minds so faithless and sterile thoughts can enter to gradually bind their volition and obedience to a quagmire of helplessness.
THE RESULT IF WORMWOOD SUCCEEDS
4. "Yes! My fellow Warriors. We are demons, deceptive to our core, to the depth of our character. Deceit is the quintessence of our soul, and pride is the blood giving it life, breath, and strength: supplying speciousness with the oxygen it needs to burn a wide expansive path into the endless fires of hell."
WITH A SEARED CONSCIENCE, WORMWOOD KNOWS GOD
5. The extraneous information attributes or affirms many reasons why the Word is first, but to understand why Wormwood himself would place the Word first, we would do well to understand more completely who Wormwood is. He considers not only us his enemy but also God, and an effective way to conduct warfare is to thoroughly know your enemy. So when Wormwood sends messages to his generals, and he, for example, calls God "magnificent", he is not praising God to his soldiers, he is revealing God to them; thereby equipping them with vital information they use to conduct effective warfare. Recently, Bryan and I were having breakfast with my parents, and I mentioned my surprise at how Wormwood can know God so well, and yet he not only does not love God but he does not even fear God.
LUKEWARM LIVING IS LETHAL
6. My Dad replied, "Listen Einstein"---this is what he calls me when I'm being urged to think---"Open your eyes and observe: Knowing God does not ensure loving Him, and believing in God does not ensure obeying Him. Can't you see that? So it should come as no surprise to you that although Wormwood knows God very well, and believes in God very much, he neither loves God nor fears Him; therefore, why would Wormwood obey God? Furthermore, Sweetheart, it doesn't take much influence from Wormwood, if any at all, to get people to live their entire lives with that lethal dichotomy distinguishing their character." Then Bryan said, "Absolutely! And as far as fear of God is concerned, sin numbs that fear."
THE POWER OF SOPHISTRY:
7. Paragraph 3 above states that sophistry is deadly because it weakens and corrupts faith, thereby opening the door to disobedience to God's Word. Hub#12.12( linked) at paragraph 13 compares sophistry with true faith, and how sophistry ignores Scripture. It literally leads millions into hell. Where does it get its power in this context? It gets this power when one turns his eyes away from Scripture, and when that happens it can begin to go to work. This is when sophistry will rationalize sin and produce lukewarm living. Paragraph 10 of Hub#12.14(linked addresses how sophistry uses John 3:16 against a believer by leading him to ignore the context of John 3:16 in relation of all of Scripture. God's Word, the Bible, is the Standard by which to live. When it is no longer considered this in one's heart, then sophistry gets its power. More detail is given on sophistry at paragraphs 10, 11, and 12 at hub#12.16( linked).
More by this Author
Fractal Geometry is mentioned in God's Word, the Bible? Absolutely! This hub presents a powerful argument to convince you that not only is Fractal Geometry mentioned in the Bible, but to this day we still have no idea...
Going to heaven? begins at par. 10. DEs finds functions. This hub works backwards. You are given a function, and you find a differential equation associated with it.