It's Okay to Quit
Greetings to all of you wonderful people who have reached this hub. I believe that this has been divinely-ordered. Whether or not you will agree, I believe nothing happens to me by chance or happenstance.
I believe that out of every circumstance, situation, or drama that we encounter, we should come away from it wiser and more appreciative of what we have been blessed with!
I believe if we "choose" to embrace our lives as a journey and the world as our classroom, than we would be able to welcome each day and the lessons -- good or bad -- that the day will bring.
I know the plans that I have for you, declares the LORD. They are plans for peace and not disaster, plans to give you a future filled with hope. -- Jeremiah 29: 11-- Translation God's Word Bible
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. -- Jeremiah 29:11 - KJV
Many, O LORD my God, are the wonders which You have done, And Your thoughts toward us; There is none to compare with You. If I would declare and speak of them, They would be too numerous to count. -- Psalm 40:5 -- KJV
The Flow of Life!
There is a flow to life, to our journey. I love sitting on the shore and watching the river flow. By so doing, I can tell which way the wind is blowing. By the water's flow, I can tell whether or not it's calm or forceful.
We must look to the Holy Spirit to weather the flow of our Journey! There will be days that are smoother than others and some that will force us to hold on to every truth that we've been taught. In so doing, we must understand the fact of life!
Our Creator has fashioned us before the foundations of the world.
The River Flows
I was sent this writing by a friend and wanted to share it with each of you as we endeavor, in this season of our lives, to effectively and richly move forward.
"It's ok to Quit"Monday, March 30, 2009 at 10:30pm Motivational Speaker - Veraunda Jackson
1. Quit arguing with people about the same old foolishness! Respect their position and keep it moving!
2. Quit telling people your secrets when you know they are not going to keep them! And if you keep telling them, then quit getting mad when they tell your secrets!
3. Quit trying to pull people on your journey who don't want to travel with you. Either they believe in you and value you...or they don't!
4. Quit complaining about things you can't and won't change!
5. Quit gossiping about other people! Minding our own business should be a full time job!
6. Quit blaming each other for things that in the big picture aren't going to matter three weeks from now! Talk solutions...and then implement them!
7. Quit eating things you know are not good for you! If you can't quit...eat smaller portions!
8. Quit buying things when we know we can't afford them! If you don't have self control, then quit going to the stores! Quit charging things, especially when you don't NEED them!
9. Quit staying in unhealthy relationships! It is not okay for people to verbally or physically abuse you! So quit lying to yourself! It is not okay to stay in the marriage for the children! Ask them and they will tell you that they really would prefer to see you happy and that the misery you and your spouse/partner are living with is affecting them!
10. Quit letting family members rope you into the drama! -Start telling them you don't want to hear it! Quit spreading the drama! Quit calling other relatives and telling them about your cousin or aunt! Go back to #5 minding your own business should be enough to keep you busy!
11. Quit trying to change people! IT DOESN'T WORK! Quit cussing people out when you know that they are just being the miserable and jealous people that they are!
12. Quit the job you hate! Start pursuing your passion. Find the job that fuels your passion BEFORE you quit!
13. Quit volunteering for things that you aren't getting any personal fulfillment from anymore! Quit volunteering for things and then failing to follow through with your commitment!
14. Quit listening to the naysayers! Quit watching the depressing news if you are going to live in the doom and gloom of it all!
15. Quit making excuses about why you are where you are or why you can't do what you want to do!
16. Quit waiting on others to give you the answers....and start finding the answers for yourself! If what you are doing isn't working for you...then quit it!
17. Quit settling and start making your dreams a reality! - Quit being afraid and START LIVING YOUR LIFE! CREATE THE LIFE YOU WANT! If you want something different than what you have had in the past...you must quit doing what you have done before and DO something different! JUST QUIT IT ...... and START DOING something to create the experience you want!
I pray that this hub has inspired you to live a more richer and fulfilled life. Remember this, when all else is said and done, we must give an account for what we have done with the time, giftings, and talents given to us while in the earth.
Who have you helped recently? Should you have made a visit to the hospital to see some one? What about the card you've been meaning to send and haven't? Have you shared your testimony with someone today? Did you encourage, smile at, or hug someone who've lost their way?
Nothing else matters but living a life that glorifies Him in the Earth?
Until we meet up again...
Live Well, Live Blessed!
Are You Living Your Best Life?See results without voting
More by this Author
Are you trying to maintain length? Need to give your natural tresses a rest? Well, I have an option that you might like! Crochet Braids! Kinky, Curly, textured, or straight! Have it your way!
The time is the late 1960's and there were not an abundance of african american dolls on the market. It was also a time when african american's like Leslie Uggams, Diahann Carroll, and Sidney Poitier had...
Hair grease has been a staple of African American homes for decades. Mothers could be seen plaiting young girl hair on stoops, in kitchens, and bedrooms. Is it still prevalent for natural hair sporting women today?