Jesus' Name in 21 Languages
I was curious to see how Jesus' name looks/is read in other languages and after researching it, I decided to share it on Hubpages!
أ. يسوع, المسيح .1 : Arabic
2. 耶稣 : Chinese (means Jesus of Nazareth)
3. ιησούς : Greek (means Christ, Jesus Christ, Prince of peace)
ישו .4 : Hebrew (means Jesus, galilean, logos, lord, savior and Christ.)
5. मानव-प्रेम : Hindi (actually translates to human love!)
6. Jézus : Hungarian
حضرت عيسي .7 : Persian
8. イエス, ナザレのイエス : Japanese (means Jesus, Jesus of Nazareth)
9. 예수 : Korean
10. Christus : Dutch (means Christ, title given to Jesus of Nazareth)
11. Jezus : Polish
12. Isus : Romanian
13. Иисус : Russian (means Jesus, Jesus of Nazareth)
14. Kristus : Swedish (means Christ)
15. İsa : Turkish
16. พระเยซู : Thai
17. Ісус : Ukrainian
18. Jésus : French
19. Gesù : Italian
20. Cristo : Portugese (means Christ)
21. Jesús, Señor Jesucristo ; Spanish (means Jesus, Lord Jesus Christ)
The New Testament was written in Greek, and the name "Jesus" means the same in Greek as the Hebrew name "Joshua."
"Joshua" means literally "God is salvation".
The painting to the right is how I believe Jesus looked. Many belief systems have him with light skin, light brown hair and blue eyes. Based on his birth place and time of birth, he would have looked like a middle eastern man. However, his appearance is not noted in the bible, therefore his appearance does not play any important role to his followers, or at least, should not.
More by this Author
You are here because you either have a leopard gecko or you are thinking of getting one. I will share how to care for them and helpful information to keep them healthy, happy and a joy to have around.
A short list of Holy Angels and what they do for us and God.
Many believe the New King James Version is just a "clearer" more "updated" version of the 1611 King James Version with minimal changes... Not exactly true.