Jesus is Better than Santa Claus
I'm sure most of you agree that commercialism and Christmas really don't mix. We've lost the real meaning of Christmas long ago. But let me remind you that Jesus is still better than Santa Claus. Consider the following:
1. Santa lives at the North Pole. Jesus is everywhere (Ephesians 4:6).
2. Santa rides a sleigh. Jesus walks on water (Matthew 14:25).
3. Santa comes once a year. Jesus is accessible any time (Hebrews 4:16)
4. Santa fills your stocking with goodies. Jesus supplies all your needs (Philippians 4:19).
5. You have to wait in line to see Santa. Jesus is as close as the mention of His Name.
6. Santa lets you sit on his lap. Jesus lets you rest in His everlasting arms (Deuteronomy
7. Santa doesn't know your name. Jesus knows the number of the hairs on your head
8. Santa has a belly like a bowl full of jelly. Jesus has a heart of love (John 11:35).
9. Santa says, "You better not cry". Jesus says cast all y our cares on Him (I Peter 5:7).
10. Santa's helpers make toys. Jesus makes new life, mends wounded hearts, repairs broken
homes, and builds mansions (John 14:1-3, 6).
11. Santa may give you a chuckle. Jesus gives you a joy that is your strenth (Nehemiah 8:10).
12. Please don't miss one--Santa puts gifts gifts under the tree. Jesus became the gift on
the tree (I Peter 2:24).
More by this Author
The Great American Fast takes place each year on the second weekend of September.
The story deals with the crumbling relationship between a couple, perhaps husband and wife. The hopes of early life have dwindled into the past and leaves in its place loneliness and regret.
There is much confusion today about the Spirit-filled life. Let the author of the Bible, the Holy Spirit, tell you exactly what it is.