**If you have a question or comment about the information presented on this blog or you would like to donate to my efforts you can contact me:
Sermon notes: STAND!
1) Where do we stand
2) What do we stand for?
3) Why stand at all?
Fundamentalism [despite the media's distortion of the term] means in the Biblical sense– act of accepting the Bible as the infallible literal, perfectly preserved Word of God]
The Fundamentals- the absolute essentials of Bible truth, Fundamentalist- adheres to Fundamentalism
1) Where do we stand? On the Bible of course!
--Read Text Philippians 4:1
1 Tim 1:15 Faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation….sinners of whom I am chief
2) What do we stand for?
- Stand for God (the Biblical concept of God) - Genesis 1:1, Ge 1:24, 26
Mark 12:29 (Jesus, OT quote), "The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord" 1 Jn 5:7 "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."
New [per] versions cast doubt the authenticity of this verse claiming it wasn’t in the earliest manuscripts, but there’s strong evidence that it was. By the way, earlier doesn’t necessarily mean best! The best manuscripts were the ones that were used frequently!
**Matter revealed as solid, liquid, gas, time revealed as past, present, future (Triangle Analogy)
Verses showing the Father is God - John 6:27,17:11,
C.S Lewis on Christ deity said in his book Mere Christianity:
"I am trying here to prevent anyone saying the really foolish thing that people often say about Him: "I'm ready to accept Jesus as a great moral teacher, but I don't accept His claim to be God." That is the one thing we must not say. A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher. He would either be a lunatic-on the level with the man who says he is a poached egg-or else he would be the Devil of Hell. You must make your choice. Either this man was and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse. You can shut Him up for a fool, you can spit at Him and kill Him as a demon; or you can fall at His feet and call Him Lord and God. But let us not come with any patronizing nonsense about His being a great human teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to."
Verses showing Jesus the Son is God - John 1:1, John 1:14, 1 Tim 3:16 Show Jesus is God in the flesh,
Jesus told the unbelieving Jews He was God - John 10:30m John 8:58
Jesus told His followers He was God - **
God says He’s the first and the last in Isaiah 44:6 **Revelation 1:17-18 Jews rejected Jesus - Mark 8:36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain….
(Verses showing the Holy Spirit is God) JWs say the Holy Spirit is some electrical force
- Eph 4:30 Don’t grieve the holy spirit
- Acts 5:3-4: Peter rebukes Ananias saying lying to the Holy Spirit is lying to God.
2. Stand for the Bible
- The Bible is divine
- 2 Pet 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
- The Bible is God’s revelation to man
Our one and only authority in matters of faith and practice, not (Catholic/Protestant traditions, book of Mormon, JW’s distorted Bible, Qur’an etc)
Taken literally – Genesis account, God means what He says!
- Where the Bible speaks symbolically it explains itself. Read, study, and obey it!
According to Psalm 12:6-7 God’s Word has not been lost in translation it is perfectly preserved in the KJV taken from the Masoretic Text for the O.T and Textus Receptus for the N.T
-Mat 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
- Luke 4:4 It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.
- In his book "The Fight for Fundamentalism" G. W. Dollar quoted M.H. Reynolds saying the Bible version "is the most important matter we will ever face"
Psa 138:2 "…for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name."
1 Pet 1:25 The word of the Lord endureth for ever.. (it has in the text that underlies the KJV)
John 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
I have proof that it is literally impossible for the Bible to have changed! Sure, there are counterfeits!
New versions "Gen 3:1 "hath God said?" New versions deny hell, attack the virgin birth, attack the deity of Christ, take out whole verses, contain provable lies etc! I have examples, after the service.People "but there’s still some good in them"
One drop aids in blood will taint the whole thing! These new Bibles are defiled!
2 Tim 2:9 "the word of God is not bound" new versions are bound by copyright laws.
** Dr. Frank Logsdon co-founder of the New American Standard Version after he re-examined the evidence for the KJV said "somebody is going to have to stand, no matter if you stand against everyone else, stand!"
"** James is a Hebrew word = Jacob (changed to Israel in O.T)
Stand for the Bible’s view of salvation – Nahum 1:3 "The LORD is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked…" Psa 66:18: He will not hear your prayers until your cleansed of your sins! Titus 3:5 "Not by works of righteousness which we have done" Why? Isa 64:6 "But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags"Job 14:4 Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? Not one. Prv 20:9 Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin? Religion/good works do not clean us from sin: 1 Jn 1:7, but there must be repentance (change of mind)Stand for eternal security: 1Cor 3:15, John 6:37, Eph1:13, Eph 4:30, 1 Pet 1:4-5, Psa37:28, Psa97:10
Stand for Biblical faith
- 2 Cor 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) Mat 6:31-34: Don’t worry about the basic essentials of life, take no thought for tomorrow, if you do it’s sin. If you give tithes to God without faith, God will not accept it! **Illustration: the light in the backdoor of my church is motion sensitive. It only comes on AFTER you move towards it. Rom 14:23 "whatsoever is not of faith is sin."
Stand for the N.T Church
- Matt 16:18 "I will build My Church".Anglican, Presbyterian, Methodist, Episcopal SBC dying!
- True N.T Churches are independently headed by Christ Himself! (Eph 1:22, 2:20, 5:23, Col1:18)
- According to 1 Tim 2 and 3 and Titus 1 there are only two offices: Pastor (elder, bishop) and deacons. A woman cannot qualify for these offices by virtue of her being female.
- (O.T Miriam was a prophetess, Deborah was a judge in Israel, but we’re N.T structure
- Baptism - Greek word "baptizo" which means "to submerge or immerse in a body of water". Jesus was baptized as an adult by John the Baptist and He didn’t baptized any babies.
- Belief then baptism (Ethiopian Eunuch - Acts 8:36-39). Any church "sprinkling" babies is not a true N.T church. N.T churches are Baptist churches! Jesus was a Baptist! Historically, doctrinally, and practically Baptists are not protestants! Constantine started Catholicism in 324 ad
- Great Commission (Matt 28:19-20, Mark 16:15). Acts 1:8 "ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth."
It is to be organized and Jesus set the formula. Luke 10:1 After these things the LORD appointed other seventy also, and sent them two and two before his face into every city and place, whither he himself would come." Someone said, "Witnessing is not a gift it’s an issue of obedience or disobedience!" Statistics: at least 600,000 people walk into eternity every year! Is your life maturing or staying the same year by year?Win with the gospel, not with Christian rock concert or by handing out copies of the purpose driven etc "They won’t hear that" or "we shouldn’t condemn anyone". John 3:18 "he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." Paul in Acts 20:31 "warn every one night and day with tears." Church must submit to it’s leadership: Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.Mat 10:40 He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.N.T Church is to edify each other and not use soul winning as an excuse to neglect the brethren!Eph 4:29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
Stand for Prayer
: 1 Th 5:17 Pray without ceasing.
Stand for the virgin birth:
New Bible versions say in Luke 2:33 that Joseph was Jesus’ father, denying the virgin birth.
- Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. New versions call her a maiden, isn’t necessarily a virgin!
- Gal 4:4-5 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
Stand for the Bodily Resurrection and Bodily Return of Christ Jesus
- Luke 24:39/Luke 24:41-3: He sat and ate with them, a spirit can’t eat it has no body.
- 2 angels told the disciples as they watched Jesus ascend in Acts 1:11 "this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven." [Bodily]
Stand for the literal existence of Hell and Satan
When an Atheist gets upset with you he will not say, "oh, go to Hades" Satan tries to cast doubt on hell in new versions!
Stand for the pro-life position
- Jer 1:5 "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations." God hears the cries of the unborn and He will bring justice soon!
Stand against homosexuality
According to Lev 18:22, 20:13, and Romans 1 it’s an abomination! God said it not me!
Stand for Biblical Marriage
Mal 2:16 For the LORD, the God of Israel, saith that he hateth putting away (shalach, "divorce")
Mark 10:6-9 But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
Acts 4:29 "And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word"
God needs some Christian men to get some guts and unapologetically STAND for Him and His Word in these days of spiritual apostasy and wishy washy compromising Christianity. Will you be one of them?
FLIPSIDE - hosted by Jay Ricci: Sermon Title: "STAND!"
More by this Author
What you don’t know CAN hurt you. That’s why it’s VERY important to know what doctrines that have a Christian label on them floating out there are biblical and what doctrines aren’t.
Before running to the doctors for the next pill or surgery come learn God's original diet prescription for our health and well being.