Living One Day At A Time
Jesus Comes To Save! Why Worry About Tomorrow?
Do not worry about tomorrow!
Picks from Amazon
- The Might of Meekness
Blessed are the meek! There has always been a certain majesty in Christian meekness. The splendor of it is revealed in its eternal nature. God has always mentored those with a meek spirit; it has always...
- The Name I Wear - The REAL Audacity of Hope! I Wear ...
Wow! What a name to wear. Christian, the partisans of Christ, the followers of Christ, the people of Christ, the “Christianos” (Greek Transliteration, or the “little” Christs). The folks at Antioch needed to give these disciples a name, and God said
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. (Matthew 6:34 Bible NIV)
Biblical Faith is a very simple thing, yet its application in the day to day is far from simple. It is nearly impossible to live my life today without thinking about tomorrow. Indeed, this day is not given to me in a vacuum. I am where I am by the sum of my yesterdays, and tomorrow is my compass for decisions today. Yet, Jesus gives me this wise counsel. Do not worry about tomorrow; it will look after itself quite well. Faith says that I need just to live a simple life of trust in Christ.
No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it. (1 Corinthians 10:13 NIV Bible)
The Bible is very clear that there is needful help in every trial. Physical burdens are ill to bear, and mental burdens are even harder. However, faith allows me to face each day knowing that tomorrow is also in God’s hands.
This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. (Psalm 118:24 KJV Bible)
Think of today and get ready for it. Live glowing through all the present hours and you shall better prepare yourself for the coming hours. The present moment is the significant moment. Deliberate upon its duties. Meet every minute with optimistic cheer. Be assured that when you triumph over the difficulties of today, the difficulties of tomorrow are far diminished. Jesus says, “Be not therefore anxious.” Anxiety multiplies our misery and it darkens our outlook.
Said the Robin to the Sparrow, "I should really like to know Why these anxious human beings Rush about and hurry so." Said the Sparrow to the Robin, "Friend, I think that it must be That they have no Heavenly Father Such as cares for you and me." ( --Elizabeth Cheney)
Keep step with Christ to-day. It will be all the easier to keep step with Him tomorrow. Worry never helps the future. It is probable the dreaded event never will arrive.
'Tain't worthwhile to wear a day all out before it comes. (Sarah Orne Jewett (1849-1909))
- I know He is the beginning, so why do I worry about the end?
- I know He is the creator, so why do I wonder who will destroy?
- I know He has forgiven me, so why can't I forgive myself?
- I know He is a healer, so why do I speak of sickness?
- I know He can do all things, so why do I say I can't?
- I know He will protect me, so why do I fear?
- I know He will supply all my needs, so why can't I wait?
- I know He is my strength and my salvation, so why do I feel weak?
- I know that everything and everyone has a season, so why when someone's season is overdo I weep instead of rejoice?
- I know He is the right way, so why do I go the wrong way?
- I know He is the light, so why do I choose to walk in darkness?
- I know that whatever I ask of GOD, GOD will give me, so why am I scared to ask?
- I know tomorrow is not promised, so why do I put off for tomorrow what I can do today?
- I know that the truth shall make me free, so why do I continue to lie?
- I know He gives us revelation knowledge and understanding, so why do I lean on my own understanding?
- I know I should live in the spirit as well as walk in the spirit, so why do I choose to live in the spirit but walk in the flesh?
- I know that when praises go up blessings come down, so why do I refuse to praise Him?
- I know I am saved, so why do I refuse the word He has given me?
Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it's called the present! I think this is special...live and savor every moment... This is not a dress rehearsal! (Source unknown)
It is all and always about Jesus
More by this Author
John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. What an exciting truth I want to share with you today. Jesus Christ comes not to denounce you in...
This sermon starter devotional reveveals the nuances of the parable of the lost coin in Luke 15:8-10. Sinners are lost treasures in the sight of God.
(Mark 1:7) And preached, saying, There cometh one mightier than I after me, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to stoop down and unloose. Did you ever think you might find the Gospel message in a shoebox? I...