MARY and MARTHA
Mary and Martha
Mary and Martha were two sisters who befriended Jesus. Martha was busy serving Jesus while Mary sat at Jesus' feet listening carefully to all the words of the Lord. Martha was upset by her sister's behaviour and spoke to Jesus to ask Mary to help her in serving.
Jesus replied that Martha was troubled about many things and that Mary had that good part, which should not be taken away from her. Jesus implied it was better to listen to what He was saying rather than fussing whether He was comfortable or hungry and cooking delicious meals to make Him comfortable.
The two women represent two types of churches, one burdened by worldly cares of the world while the other symbolizes the spiritually true church of Jesus Christ.
A. True Jesus Church
The true church is the bride of the Lamb which was slain. Jesus was the lamb and the chaste bride was His church which He paid for His life. The spiritual church comes from God who sent His son Jesus to earth to teach us spiritual things.
- He that cometh from above is above all; he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth; he that cometh from heaven is above all.
2 Corinthians 11:2
- For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband that I may present you to one husband that may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.
- And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
- ... I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife. And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God.
- For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
Importance of the True Jesus Church
The importance of the True Jesus Church has seven special attributes.
I. It teaches us how to worship God in spirit and in truth. II. Salvation in Zion, the Spiritual Church of Jesus. III. The church receives the heritage of Jacob which is double portion, heavenly and earthly. IV. The church has the spiritual manna. V. Truth. VI. Miracles. VII. Power to Cast out Evil.
I. How To Worship God in Spirit and Love
Man should not worship God because He bestows great wealth, or tremendous wisdom or colossal strength like that of Samson, but should love Him because of His constant love for us if we love Him with all our strength and might. Worship Him in Spirit.
- It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.
- ... the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
- God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
1 Corinthians 2:11,12
- For what man knoweth the things of a man save the spirit of man which is in him? Even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
- Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
1 Corinthians 2:16
- For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
Hence the importance of having the Holy Spirit in us to lead, feed and guide us to all truth in serving the Lord.
II. Salvation in Zion, The Spiritual Church of Jesus
There is no salvation in any other church except the spiritual church that bears His Name for He chooses the place where He wants. God is very specific to name the place of worship. The church should bear the Name of Jesus.
Philippians 2:10, 11
- That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven and things in earth, and things under the earth.
- And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
- But unto the place which the Lord your God shall choose out of all your tribes to put his name there, ...
- Then there shall be a place which the Lord your God shall cause his name to dwell there;
- But in the place which the Lord shall choose ...
Name of Salvation
- Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
- ... and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
1. Isaiah 46:13
- I bring near my righteousness; ... and I will place salvation in Zion for Israel my glory.
- For the Lord hath chosen Zion; ...
- I will also clothe her priests with salvation.
Every one is a priest in the house of the Lord and Jesus is the High Priest. Does your church bear the Name of Jesus? What is the name of your church? Does the name of your church save you? The name of Jesus means Emmanuel or God with us. Would God be pleased with the various names of the different churches which chose not to honour the Name of Jesus? Why are the churches shunning the name of Jesus?
Catholic means universal, worldwide, and tolerant.
Did the Catholic save us? Why not Jesus?
Lutheran is the name of Martin Luther, a Catholic priest. Did Luther save the people? The members are called Lutherans and not Christians.
Pentecostal is the 50th day. What has the day to do with our salvation?
III. Receive The Heritage of Jacob
The eldest son usually inherits the title and riches when the father dies. In the United Kingdom the law was revoked so that either the eldest son or daughter born to William and Kate will be monarch when Queen Elizabeth dies.
The heritage of Jacob was double for he inherited both spiritual and earthly portions.
- ... and I will cause thee to ride upon upon the high places of the earth,and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob...
The True Church keeps the commandments of God, especially the keeping of Sabbath, which results in this promise of reward and so reaps the promise of the heritage of Jacob.
- Wherefore God give thee of the dew of heaven, and the fatness of the earth. (Double portion)
- ... as a prince hast thou power with God and with men.
God would listen to our prayers if it is in accordance with His will. The wicked will be completely ignored.
IV. Spiritual Manna
Spiritual Manna is the food of the angels. They are the words of God given in the Bible to help Christians grow in spirit and in truth. All Christians should mature in Christ eventually in order to have salvation. The spiritual manna is the word of God and only found in the Bible.
- ... To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna.
- This is the bread which came down from heaven ... he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.
V. The Jesus Church Has Truth
1 John 5:6
- ... and it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.
- And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
- Howbeit when he, the Spirit is come, he will guide you into all truth:
Only the True Church which has the Holy Spirit has the truth.
The True Jesus Church performs miracles according to the will of God. A Mormon elder who had a brain surgery could not walk properly was able to walk after two members prayed with him in Missisauga, Ontario. His son in law was a Muslim, his daughter was a non believer and his wife was angry with God.
A Chinese doctor (73 years) who graduated from Germany was on his way to seek help for his heart problem in Germany, stopped over in Toronto to visit his family. Some church sisters went to visit the doctor and prayed with him. While praying, the floor moved and shook and everyone was surprised. This time the doctor believed and decided to get baptized. He was baptized in Lake Ontario and returned to Vancouver. He recovered from his heart problem and lived up to the nineties.
VII. Power to Cast out Evil
Another power of the Holy Spirit is to Cast out Evil. This is illustrated in the story of How 4 Women Cast out Evil from 3 Demon Possessed Women. See Related Topics.
B. Worldly Church
Martha was also in the presence of the Lord together with Mary, but she was not paying attention to the words of the Lord as her sister. Consequently, she did not hear the words. In fact, she was so busy looking after the physical needs of the Lord, which was so important to her that she did not listen to the words of the Lord.
Worldly churches may be very successfully in the eyes of the world for they have thousands and millions of members. Not only that, they bring in huge amounts of funds. Their ministers possess palatial houses and they travel in their private airplanes and the world admires their success. They reap the wild wind and come to nothing.
1. Proverbs 9:13
- A foolish woman is clamourous: she is simple, and knoweth nothing.
- They have ears, but they hear not.
- ... they have ears to hear, and hear not: for they are a rebellious house.
- Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not, and see ye indeed, but perceive not.
- Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes.
- ... for whatsoever a man soweth that shall he also reap.
- For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption: but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the spirit reap life everlasting.
I. Prosperity Gospel
That the prosperity gospel has a hold on a segment of American culture is not disputable. Time quotes its own poll numbers:
17 percent of Christians surveyed said they considered themselves part of such a movement, while a full 61 percent believed that God wants people to be prosperous. And 31 percent—a far higher percentage than there are Pentecostals in America—agreed that if you give your money to God, God will bless you with more money. … Of the four biggest megachurches in the country, three—Joel Osteen's Lakewood in Houston; T.D. Jakes' Potter's House in south Dallas; and Creflo Dollar's World Changers near Atlanta—are Prosperity or Prosperity Lite pulpits.
2. Pentecostal - The Toronto Blessing
Toronto Airport Vineyard Church was started on January 20, 1994 by Randy Clark who testified he would get drunk in the Spirit and laugh uncontrollably, growling, dancing and barking. Pastor Arnot ceased preaching salvation, but preached about resting on the Holy Spirit. This doctrine is popular and preach throughout the world.
3. Pentecostal - Contemporary Music
City Harvest Church
Founded in 1996 by Kong Hee and wife, Sun Ho, Singapore's leading Mandarin Pop star who sold 4 million albums.
Choose The Spiritual True Jesus Church leading to salvation or the Modern Prosperity Church which lead to destruction.
Two Sisters Two Nations Two Enemies http://einron.hubpages.com/hub/twosisterstwonationstwoenemies
40965 DENOMINATIONS FOLLOW JESUS http://einron.hubpages.com/hub/40965denominationsfollowjesus
The Way, The Truth and The Life http://einron.hubpages.com/hub/JESUS-LEADS-THE-WAY-TRUTH-AND-LIFE-TO-GOD
The Name of Jesus Church http://einron.hubpages.com/hub/thenameofjesuschurch
The Holy Spirit Empowers 4 Women in Exorcism http://einron.hubpages.com/hub/holyspiritempowers4womenexorcism
Mormon Elder Healed http://einron.hubpages.com/hub/mormonelderhealed
Witness Call of Dr. Tseng http://einron.hubpages.com/hub/witnesscallofdrtseng
Mary and Martha
Do you agree that basically there are only two types of churches?See results without voting
MARY and MARTHA
- TWO SISTERS: TWO NATIONS: TWO ENEMIES
Two Moabite sisters married two Jewish brothers. After the death of their husbands, one left for her former family, but the other followed her mother-in-law back to Israel. The one who went with her mother-in-law remarried a rich relative and became
© 2013 einron
More by this Author
God would not prolong everyone's life when asked. He did it to Hezekiah because he did what was right in God's eyes. God rewards some cases. Honouring parents will be rewarded in length of days. Those who keep the...
Aloe vera was used for embalming Jesus. Aloe vera is considered beneficial for the immune system. The three main categories of research include anti-inflammatory, anti- bacterial, and anti-viral actions of Aloe...
Purdue researchers found that leaves from the Graviola tree killed six human-cell lines. Especially effective against prostate and pancreatic cancer cells. Read why big pharmaceutical companies do not manufacture...