Mary Our Mother of Jesus Christ My Messiah and Savior: A Christian Catholic Point of View In Pictures and Images
Mary and Jesus
Books About Mary
Catholic Teachings On Mary, Jesus' Mother
What does the Catholic Church teach about Mary the mother of Christ? Mary is recognized as Jesus’ mother and is an important person throughout the Gospels in the New Testament. Before Christ was born, God chose Mary to be the sacred vessel in which Christ would be born from and he sent an angel in a dream to Mary to announce her being chosen for such a wonderful honor. God most likely chose Mary because she was a good person and had a good heart.
Mary was a virgin when she conceived Christ. This in itself is a true miracle. Mary is regarded as Jesus’ first disciple or follower. She was with him his whole life and she was even there as he hung dying on the cross. I cannot imagine how difficult it must have been for her to stand there all those hours watching her son die at the hands of His executioners. This is a woman with great compassion.
Mary is regarded as the church's model of faith and charity. She is recognized as the Queen of the church and is believed to hold special presence in the sight of God. Many Christians pray to Mary and ask her to intervene in their life problems, ask her to watch over them, to be a helper, and they pray that through her, God's grace will prevail.
Praying To Mary
Catholics have reserved special prayers for Mary. The main prayer is titled, “Hail Mary”, and goes as follows:
Hail Mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
Here are some other prayers to Mary:
“Queen of Heaven” is used during the Easter Season:
(V. is what the priest says; R. is the response of the people):
V. Queen of Heaven, rejoice, alleluia.
R. The Son whom you merited to bear, alleluia.
V. Has risen as he said, alleluia.
R. Pray to God for us, alleluia.
V. Rejoice and be glad, Virgin Mary, alleluia.
R. For the Lord has truly risen, alleluia.
O God, by the Resurrection of your Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, you brought Joy to the world. Grant that through the intercession of the Virgin Mary, his Mother, we may attain the joy of eternal life. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.
“Hail, Holy Queen”
Hail, Holy Queen, Mother of mercy! Hail, our life, our sweetness and our hope! To you we cry, the children of Eve; to you, we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this land of exile. Turn, then, most gracious advocate, your eyes of mercy towards us; lead us home at last and show us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary!
How To Pray The Rosary
- 1. Make the sign of the cross and while holding the crucifix in hand recite the Apostles Creed: I believe in God the father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ, his only son our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried. He descended into hell. The third day he rose again from the dead he ascended into Heaven sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty. From there he shall come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit the Holy Catholic Church the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen.
- 2. On the first bead, recite the Our Father: Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.
- 3. On the three small beads recite the Hail Mary for an increase of faith, hope and charity: Hail Mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen
- 4. Recite the Glory be to the Father: Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
- 5. Call to mind the first Mystery and reflect upon it; then recite on the large bead, the Our Father.
- 6. On the 10 small beads recite the Hail Mary, keeping in mind the mystery.
- 7. Recite the Glory be to the Father.
Each of the following decades continues as in the first recall the Mystery, then say the Our Father, the 10 Hail Marys and the Glory be to the Father.
A Prayer To Our Blessed Mother
Take my hand, O Blessed Mother Hold me firmly lest I fall. I grow nervous while walking and humbly on thee call.
Guide me over every crossing, watch me when I'm on the stairs. Let me know that you're beside me, listen to my for fervent prayers.
Bring me to my destination safely along the way, bless my every undertaking and my duties for the day.
And when evening creeps upon me, I'll never fear to be alone. Once again, O Blessed Mother take my hand and lead me home.
A Series On Catholicism
- What Do Catholics Believe?
An overview of the Catholic Faith and the Sacraments in the Church.
- How Do I Become Catholic?
Some information on joining the Catholic Faith through the R.C.I.A program.
- The Vatican At A Glance
A brief look at the Holy City.
- The Best Easter I Ever Had
I think that this Easter weekend has been the best Easter that I can ever remember...
- What Are Angels: What Catholics Believe
Angels are found throughout the Bible in both the New and Old Testaments. Many of the main subjects in the Bible were visited by angels and given a message directly from God.
- What Is The Holy Spirit: Teachings of the Catholic Church
Since God is omnipotent and all-powerful, He is more complex than humans can understand. Catholics recognize three parts of God; God the Father the God-head, Jesus His son, and the Holy Spirit...
More by this Author
- 32What's Inside a Plumber's Tool Box? Photos of Plumbing Tools List and Materials Needed to Get The Job Done!
This is a Photographic List of the most common tools used in the plumbing field. The article includes detailed descriptions of each tool and for their uses. This is a great article for someone who is interested in...
When someone is interested in becoming a Catholic, the first thing that they should do is attend a few of the Catholic Masses. Catholic mass is held every day and most Catholics designate Sunday as their regular church...
Learn about cast iron cookware and its benefits and how to season, clean, and store it.